Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Anyone from the Philly area...

I'm going to be shopping around for a car the next couple of weeks. So far I've decided to look for a 93-99 Camaro or Firebird.

I live up in Easton but there are few options in the area for these cars for sale. I have however found a few decently priced and (from what I can see) decent shape Camaros and Firebirds down in the Philly area.

I have a friend who would be able to give me a ride down to do a final look over and to actually buy it, but I don't have any way to get down there to see if the car is a piece of crap or not.

Anybody on here live in or very near Philly willing to do some recon for me in the next few weeks?

Lunch would be on me when I get down there.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Anyone from the Philly area...

I'm down in DC for a while, otherwise I would.

BUT... PM me some info on the car/s if you want. I may know it from meets or whatever.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Warpt762x39 View Post
    I'm going to be shopping around for a car the next couple of weeks. So far I've decided to look for a 93-99 Camaro or Firebird.

I live up in Easton but there are few options in the area for these cars for sale. I have however found a few decently priced and (from what I can see) decent shape Camaros and Firebirds down in the Philly area.

I have a friend who would be able to give me a ride down to do a final look over and to actually buy it, but I don't have any way to get down there to see if the car is a piece of crap or not.

Anybody on here live in or very near Philly willing to do some recon for me in the next few weeks?

Lunch would be on me when I get down there.
    where is the car exactly? I live on the out skirts of Philly, but work in Philly..

Nothing is worse than driving a few hours to look at a car and then be disappointed and drive home without the car.

my recent car I bought, an '87 thunderbird turbo coupe, which are hard to find in good shape, I drove 160 miles each way to get.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    where is the car exactly? I live on the out skirts of Philly, but work in Philly..

Nothing is worse than driving a few hours to look at a car and then be disappointed and drive home without the car.

my recent car I bought, an '87 thunderbird turbo coupe, which are hard to find in good shape, I drove 160 miles each way to get.
    I don't have any picked out yet. Right now I'm just doing some recon before I head to my bank to discuss a loan.

I already found a friend willing to drive me down there if I find a car worth it. I wanted to ask way ahead of time so it wasn't a last minute kinda thing.

As I live with my parents right now and don't have much in the way of bills I should be able to get a big enough loan to get a Camaro or Firebird.

Here is one I found while browsing. Looks pretty good, good price.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/1200385625.html

But I can only tell so much from an ad and a picture online. That's why I wanted to find someone to check it out before hand to make sure I wouldn't be headed down for a POS.

(Montgomery County)

I don't get back to the area for another 3 1/2 weeks. If you are still looking, i'd be willing to check them out for you. I know the 3.8's (assuming thats what you're looking at) pretty well, seeing as I have one.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by greasy View Post
    I don't get back to the area for another 3 1/2 weeks. If you are still looking, i'd be willing to check them out for you. I know the 3.8's (assuming thats what you're looking at) pretty well, seeing as I have one.
    It may be that long. If it is, I'll definitely be PMing you.

It is the 3.8 I have been looking at. I have some experience with the 5.7 as someone donated a 93 Z28 to my high school auto shop to fix and sell.

It had some major problems. The most noticeable was the oil spewing from a blown intake manifold gasket. We got quite intimate with that motor as we took it down to basically a short block in the car.

I'm guessing that the V6 Firebird and the V6 Camaro are mechanically the same?

(Philadelphia County)

Do you know where in the city it is? I would go take a look at it for you
    ZRT-SECTOR 7

(Montgomery County)

Get an LS1 car.

If you have something around the Lansdale area you need looking at, LMK.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post

I drove to Chicago and back in a weekend over a car that wound up being a piece of shit. I was going to trade my 2000 Audi A4 Avant for a 1983 Audi Ur-quattro. The seller turned out to be some 17 year old asshole with a rusty, beat car he thought was worth twice as much as it was.

(Montgomery County)

Yeah, the v6 birds and v6 camaros are essentially the same.

Everyone knocks on these v6's... but I'll tell you, they make one hell of a dd and they respond decently well to mods. I haven't had a single issue with mine in the 4 years that I've had it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast