Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Mike and Kates sporting goods

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Just curious, was it clear to the shop owner that he was re-installing an underfolder on a receiver that already had one, or did he think he was adding an underfolder to a fixed-stock receiver?

Cutting the precision holes and notches would take a while, and might easily be worth $200. But re-installing an underfolder to an existing hole just takes a parts diagram, a couple of flat punches, a hammer, and 10 minutes. Big difference.

If he wanted $200 to slip the parts in, then I'd never go back. There are people who will screw you, and people who won't, and once they identify which type they are, you'd be a fool to ignore it.
    I was just about to say the same thing. It seems odd that he'd try to rip you off after so much time and money spent in his store. An underfolder install on a fixed stock receiver might get $200 - maybe the guy honestly didn't understand what you were asking him to do. At least i hope anyhow.

Just curious, was it clear to the shop owner that he was re-installing an underfolder on a receiver that already had one, or did he think he was adding an underfolder to a fixed-stock receiver?

Cutting the precision holes and notches would take a while, and might easily be worth $200. But re-installing an underfolder to an existing hole just takes a parts diagram, a couple of flat punches, a hammer, and 10 minutes. Big difference.

If he wanted $200 to slip the parts in, then I'd never go back. There are people who will screw you, and people who won't, and once they identify which type they are, you'd be a fool to ignore it.

He had the gun and underfolder assembly in front of him when he gave the quote, and whats worse is he tried to get me to drop it off and not give me a price, I had to ask a couple times for a quote.
    It was a standard YUGO underfolder that had the underfolder removed, no drilling required, I have it for sale on here if you wanna take a look at it.
    After WW3, only roaches will survive, and they will live in steel AK mags.

Quote Originally Posted by OrionBricks View Post
    He had the gun and underfolder assembly in front of him when he gave the quote, and whats worse is he tried to get me to drop it off and not give me a price, I had to ask a couple times for a quote.
    It was a standard YUGO underfolder that had the underfolder removed, no drilling required, I have it for sale on here if you wanna take a look at it.
    Well, that sounds pretty bad, then. I'd be interested in his explanation (like they say, you can indict a ham sandwich, because the grand jury only hears the prosecution's side of things), but it's hard to imagine how he could justify that price.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Well, that sounds pretty bad, then. I'd be interested in his explanation (like they say, you can indict a ham sandwich, because the grand jury only hears the prosecution's side of things), but it's hard to imagine how he could justify that price.

He said it would take "several hours". But it only took me about 15 min to find it on the net and about 20 min to install, was surprisingly easy.

But the convo I had with him about 10 min before that was about him possibly having to go out of biz soon, maybe that had something to do with the price..

Just in that same week alone I gave him around $300 of my hard earned cash for some odds and ends.
    Regardless what his reason was, I'm not giving him any more biz, theres plenty of shops around.

So far I'm liking Locks gun shop off of Frankford ave, they are stocked well, friendly and reasonably priced. And when I asked them how much to do the job they said it cost $60 an hr and they could have it done in about 45 mins, so $45 was their price, but I just figured I'd give it a try first..
    Last edited by OrionBricks; June 5th, 2009 at 10:56 PM.
    After WW3, only roaches will survive, and they will live in steel AK mags.

(Indiana County)

Sounds like "Mike and Kate plus Hate"

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by elitefirearms View Post
    Not all shops are like that. We have never intenionally screwed someone over nor would I ever think about doing it. You dont stay in buisness that way. I installed an underfolder on a Yugo about 3 months ago for $25. I thought it would take me about 20 mins but it took about 4 .hours
    The guys who will try to screw a long time customer are definitely in the minority, but I'll bet we've all had at least one try it on us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12