Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Armstrong County)

Default Pravda: "American capitalism gone with a whimper"

This is from an opinion columnist of the Russan News Service Pravda of all places
    This is a long post

American capitalism gone with a whimper

It must be said, that like the breaking of a great dam, the American decent into Marxism is happening with breath taking speed, against the back drop of a passive, hapless sheeple, excuse me dear reader, I meant people.

True, the situation has been well prepared on and off for the past century, especially the past twenty years. The initial testing grounds was conducted upon our Holy Russia and a bloody test it was. But we Russians would not just roll over and give up our freedoms and our souls, no matter how much money Wall Street poured into the fists of the Marxists.

Those lessons were taken and used to properly prepare the American populace for the surrender of their freedoms and souls, to the whims of their elites and betters.

First, the population was dumbed down through a politicized and substandard education system based on pop culture, rather then the classics. Americans know more about their favorite TV dramas then the drama in DC that directly affects their lives. They care more for their "right" to choke down a McDonalds burger or a BurgerKing burger than for their constitutional rights. Then they turn around and lecture us about our rights and about our "democracy". Pride blind the foolish.

Then their faith in God was destroyed, until their churches, all tens of thousands of different "branches and denominations" were for the most part little more then Sunday circuses and their televangelists and top protestant mega preachers were more then happy to sell out their souls and flocks to be on the "winning" side of one pseudo Marxist politician or another. Their flocks may complain, but when explained that they would be on the "winning" side, their flocks were ever so quick to reject Christ in hopes for earthly power. Even our Holy Orthodox churches are scandalously liberalized in America.

The final collapse has come with the election of Barack Obama. His speed in the past three months has been truly impressive. His spending and money printing has been a record setting, not just in America's short history but in the world. If this keeps up for more then another year, and there is no sign that it will not, America at best will resemble the Wiemar Republic and at worst Zimbabwe.

These past two weeks have been the most breath taking of all. First came the announcement of a planned redesign of the American Byzantine tax system, by the very thieves who used it to bankroll their thefts, loses and swindles of hundreds of billions of dollars. These make our Russian oligarchs look little more then ordinary street thugs, in comparison. Yes, the Americans have beat our own thieves in the shear volumes. Should we congratulate them?

These men, of course, are not an elected panel but made up of appointees picked from the very financial oligarchs and their henchmen who are now gorging themselves on trillions of American dollars, in one bailout after another. They are also usurping the rights, duties and powers of the American congress (parliament). Again, congress has put up little more then a whimper to their masters.

Then came Barack Obama's command that GM's (General Motor) president step down from leadership of his company. That is correct, dear reader, in the land of "pure" free markets, the American president now has the power, the self given power, to fire CEOs and we can assume other employees of private companies, at will. Come hither, go dither, the centurion commands his minions.

So it should be no surprise, that the American president has followed this up with a "bold" move of declaring that he and another group of unelected, chosen stooges will now redesign the entire automotive industry and will even be the guarantee of automobile policies. I am sure that if given the chance, they would happily try and redesign it for the whole of the world, too. Prime Minister Putin, less then two months ago, warned Obama and UK's Blair, not to follow the path to Marxism, it only leads to disaster. Apparently, even though we suffered 70 years of this Western sponsored horror show, we know nothing, as foolish, drunken Russians, so let our "wise" Anglo-Saxon fools find out the folly of their own pride.

Again, the American public has taken this with barely a whimper...but a "freeman" whimper.

So, should it be any surprise to discover that the Democratically controlled Congress of America is working on passing a new regulation that would give the American Treasury department the power to set "fair" maximum salaries, evaluate performance and control how private companies give out pay raises and bonuses? Senator Barney Franks, a social pervert basking in his homosexuality (of course, amongst the modern, enlightened American societal norm, as well as that of the general West, homosexuality is not only not a looked down upon life choice, but is often praised as a virtue) and his Marxist enlightenment, has led this effort. He stresses that this only affects companies that receive government monies, but it is retroactive and taken to a logical extreme, this would include any company or industry that has ever received a tax break or incentive.

The Russian owners of American companies and industries should look thoughtfully at this and the option of closing their facilities down and fleeing the land of the Red as fast as possible. In other words, divest while there is still value left.

The proud American will go down into his slavery with out a fight, beating his chest and proclaiming to the world, how free he really is. The world will only snicker.

Stanislav Mishin
    Tis a sad day when Russians have more freedom then US citizens

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Pravda: "American capitalism gone with a whimper"

Wow.....and everyone (well 56%) here is blind to it.
    Simply amazing

I think his POV is fairly accurate. I don't blame it all on Obama, but his statement that BO's election has accelerated it is pretty much on the mark.

For those of us old enough to remember the 60's, we all can see how it got started. We don't have to take Mishin's word for it. We saw it for ourselves, and we've seen it continue to unfold over the past 4 decades.

It was innocuous at first, with new found "freedoms" that we could enjoy as kids, but we didn't think about the consequences of unbridled freedom and contempt for all authority.

The next few years will be quite challenging for this country and the world. I'm not sure we'll weather that storm very well.

This can make for some interesting discussion. God knows what kinds of straw men will pop up out of this one.
    The real answer is 42.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Wow.....and everyone (well 56%) here is blind to it.
    Simply amazing

I do not completely agree. I fear it is even worse than you suggest.

A sizable portion of that 56% sees it very clearly, and either wants it, or is actively driving the engine of it.

Granted, some of that 56% thought they were simply registering their unhappiness with the prior administration. It will be very interesting to see what happens in the 2010 and 2012 election years.

But will it be too late?
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Chester County)

Thanks for the post, its a nice article. It is absolutely essential to look at both sides of the coin in regards to what is happening lately.
    Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Granted, some of that 56% thought they were simply registering their unhappiness with the prior administration. It will be very interesting to see what happens in the 2010 and 2012 election years.

But will it be too late?
    Yep, the old adage, "be careful what one asks for." People were so rabidly anti-Bush that they were desperate to get anything but more of what they thought would be the same. It has the appearance to me of chewing a leg off to escape a trap. It still leaves one in an undesirable position.

Too much (all?) of the information the media puts forth these days has been so tailored to manipulate public opinion. I see a stat of 56%. Where did that come from, and what exactly does it represent? I've seen numerous figures of 52% to represent the Obama vote last November.

It may indeed be too late. It might be all over but the cryin'. With Emanuel (and ACORN by association) in charge of the census and able to really manipulate the electoral process in the next election, who knows what the numbers will look like. Will we even be able to trust any of those numbers?
    The real answer is 42.

I didn't believe I'd live to see a *Russian* refer to the US as the "land of the Red":

The Russian owners of American companies and industries should look thoughtfully at this and the option of closing their facilities down and fleeing the land of the Red as fast as possible.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    I didn't believe I'd live to see a *Russian* refer to the US as the "land of the Red":

Stings, doesn't it.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Greene County)

Pure post-Soviet era Russian propaganda. What more would you expect from a Russian rag claiming to have the corner on the "truth" market by it's very name? Pravda may mean truth, but it sure as hell doesn't equal truth. Its one of the most biased news sources I've ever red (pun intended).

The big difference between the US and Russia has always been the ability to change our nation's direction without a violent revolution. Hell, we do it every 2 and 4 years. Some times more successfully than others, but it's done anyway.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin. - Samuel Adams

That was so poorly written, I didn't believe at first it was legit. Really, Pravda should have people that can write decent English, even if it's not their first language.

(saith one who speaks only one language...)

Here's another interesting story at Pravda:
    http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/...ilization.html
    I think it speaks to their credibility... ;0
    Last edited by BSH; June 1st, 2009 at 12:43 AM. Reason: ETA

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast