Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Indiana County Bow and Gun Club

Does anyone have any experience with this club? I drive by it often, but have not been able to find any info on it. Any help would be great.
    Let me re-phrase this question. I just bought my first firearms at the beginning of the year, I have just applied for my LTCW, so I haven't CC'd, and I haven't tried OCing yet. I'm looking for somewhere where I can get better with my firearms(rifle and pistol), that is within a reasonable distance of Apollo.
    Last edited by richielionfarted; May 29th, 2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: didn't quite cover what I had wanted to know

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: Indiana County Bow and Gun Club

Its a nice club
    They hold IDPA matches and NRA high power monthly
    Have a few decient pistol range and a shoot house. The rifle range goes out to 200 yards. They have alot more stuff, but I dont know what all because am not a member, just go to the shoots.

Ive done my share of shooting there years ago. Good club, but I have no contact info. If you post this question on the Indiana co. sub forum, you'll probally get more answers. If your from Apollo, do you know any members of the Vandergrift Sportsmans Assoc.? Decent club, but NO rapid fire at the rifle range. Rapid fire is permitted at the pistol range and the steel range, but NO FMJ's at the steel range. Ive been a member for 10 years, but I don't get down there like I used to.

(Delaware County)

No, I haven't met anyone who's a member of the Vandergrift sportsmen's club. But I'll have to look into that one too. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by richielionfarted View Post
    No, I haven't met anyone who's a member of the Vandergrift sportsmen's club. But I'll have to look into that one too. Thanks for the info.
    They are on Sportsman Drive, off of Rt. 66 near the State Police barracks. Thats probally a lot closer for you than the Indiana club.

(Indiana County)

Hello

My family and I have been members of the indiana county bow and gun club for about 15 years now. I run the idpa shoots held the first Saturday of every month beginning in March and ending in October. If any one is interested in learning how to shot idpa or in perticipating in a shoot you can contact me through email at barlong2006@gmail.com. I am also a certifided idpa range officer with many years in the shooting sports. Hope to see everyone there in March.

Paul Vatter

(Westmoreland County)

I just wanted to add my 2-cents to this old post. The club is a great club. The pistol ranges are walled on 3 sides and set up for dynamic shooting, not just the boring ole' flat "2D" range. I can't add anything new about the shoots, IDPA is the 1st Sat of each month Mar-Oct. As far as membership, you have to be sponsored by somebody that is already a member. At the clubs monthly meetings they read off the names of the applicants to the current members, and so long as nobody objects to them becoming a member, their application gets approved.
    "Life does not stop and start at your convenience."