Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Советских Республик

Советских Республик
    Last edited by jujubee; February 11th, 2010 at 10:47 PM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Man arrested for unlicensed firearms?

The story didn't have many details. Maybe he was carrying it without a LTCF.

And I don't think you can even have a gun while on parole.

§ 63.4. General conditions of parole.

If parole is granted, the parolee shall be subject to the following conditions:

(1) Report in person or in writing within 48 hours to the district office or suboffice specified by the Board and not leave that district without prior written permission of the parole supervision staff.

(2) Live at the residence approved by the Board at release and not change residence without the written permission of the parole supervision staff.

(3) Maintain regular contact with the parole supervision staff by:

(i) Reporting regularly as instructed and following written instructions of the Board or the parole supervision staff.

(ii) Notifying the parole supervision staff within 72 hours of one of the following:

(A) Arrest.

(B) Receipt of a summons or citation for an offense punishable by imprisonment upon conviction.

(iii) Notifying the parole supervision staff within 72 hours of a change in status including but not limited to employment, on the job training and education.

(4) Comply with municipal, county, State and Federal criminal statutes, as well as the Vehicle Code and the Liquor Code (47 P. S. § § 1-101—9-902).

(5) Additionally:

(i) Abstain from the unlawful possession or sale of narcotics and dangerous drugs and abstain from the use of controlled substances within the meaning of The Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act (35 P. S. § § 780-101—780-144) without a valid prescription.

(ii) Refrain from owning or possessing firearms or other weapons.

(iii) Refrain from an assaultive behavior.

(6) Pay fines, costs and restitution imposed by the sentencing court in accordance with the instructions contained in the Conditions Governing Parole/Reparole form.
    http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/03...chap63toc.html

(Allegheny County)

This is not far from where I live. Crafton is generally a quiet community. I can't say I have ever seen the guy in the area. I was speaking to PD last night and they said he had quite a bit of gasoline stored on the property but did not mention any weapons...

Quote Originally Posted by jujubee View Post
    http://kdka.com/kdkainvestigators/Ha...2.1021589.html

While I do not agree with this mans viewpoints, the news is reporting he was on 'parole' and was arrested for possessing unlicensed firearms.

Last time I checked you did not have to register your firearms...am I missing something or do parolees have to register their firearms?
    Perhaps they are referring to NFA/Class 3 weapons without tax stamps??

(Tioga County)

It could be that they just flat plain got the story wrong and he got popped for possession of a firearm as a convicted felon and/or parolee.
    USNRET '61-'81

Unlicensed firearms vs. illegal possession of firearms ... you and I may see a difference, but for the target audience that's just the same

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

(Jefferson County)

It was most likely a terminology error. That Lloyd guy was probably busted for carrying concealed or transporting in a vehicle without a license.

News stations, papers, and reporters are not very knowledgeable of legal terms, the laws themselves, or they wrongfully use such buzz words or terms to shock their readers to catch their attention.

We need to start an informative campaign to educate news outlets and reporters like we have with local governments and LE departments.
    Last edited by knight0334; May 29th, 2009 at 11:12 AM. Reason: typo - damn keyboard at work sucks

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jujubee View Post
    http://kdka.com/kdkainvestigators/Ha...2.1021589.html

While I do not agree with this mans viewpoints, the news is reporting he was on 'parole' and was arrested for possessing unlicensed firearms.

Last time I checked you did not have to register your firearms...am I missing something or do parolees have to register their firearms?
    I gather that he was/is on parole because of a 2006 conviction of carry w/o license (hence the unlicensed firearm reference). Recently they found guns in his home which is a parole violation.

The report is poorly worded.

Summary - 'unlicensed firearm' (6106 carry violation, committed 2004, adjudicatd 2006). Current arrest - possession of firearms by parolee.

http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2008/0...80%99s-family/

Acquitted of Murder, Neo-Nazi Killer Taunts Victim’s Family

Posted in Extremist Crime, skinheads, White Supremacist, Neo-Nazi, Hate Groups by David Holthouse on February 15, 2008

Even by the twisted standards of the neo-Nazi underworld, Hardy Lloyd is one sick individual. The 30-year-old skinhead, who describes himself as the “doctor of all hate,” was kicked out of the ultra-violent World Church of the Creator in 2003 after he was involuntarily committed to a mental hospital. “I do not believe killing is wrong,” Lloyd wrote in 2004. “Our new religion must be the worship of death and murder.”

Later that year, Lloyd (right) was arrested for murder after he killed his girlfriend. The victim, 41-year-old Lori Hann, was a divorced legal secretary who met Lloyd through an Internet dating service. Lloyd admitted shooting Hann in the face during an argument over another woman, but claimed that she’d threatened him with a handgun minutes earlier and that he fired in self-defense.

Prosecutors argued that Hann was gunned down in the street while running for help (she’d pulled over her car and gotten out in front of a stranger’s house with Lloyd in the passenger seat), and pointed out that Hann was unarmed when Lloyd shot her (Hann’s handgun was found in her vehicle). Nevertheless, a jury in November 2006 acquitted Lloyd of first-degree murder and voluntary manslaughter, finding him guilty only of carrying a firearm without a license.
    IANAL

(Allegheny County)

This is the son of a very close family friend. I saw this on the news yesterday and my parents were saddened. I think he is off his meds so he was acting goofy. His parents are wonderful people so I don't know how he can be so screwed up.
    "Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'" -unknown

(Allegheny County)

He wasn't on parole, he was on probation. Two very differtent things.

Parole is what a felon gets after early releasde from prison.

Probation is what one gets instead of going to prison.

Not being around firearms is a restriction that can be applied to probation.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast