Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Another gun hating democrat-nutter

Hey folks,Dont know whether you noticed but we seem to have a gun hating ,big brother loving democrat on our hands.I dont know his intentions but anyone who loves there liberty is in big trouble.I am scared that they will take my gun and put a blinking police camera on my block.The police around here already act like they dont know the law.I was pulled over told them i have a gun with p/carry and he didnt say anything just put me in cuffs.Do they only think bad guys have guns,Dont a lot of them carry off duty.And is there anyone else afraid of nutters police state.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Another gun hating democrat-nutter

This is my first rant...
    It is frightening to live in this city with Nazi Nutter. Can't Knox run as an independent, like Lieberman did, and win? What are the chances of a Republican winning? I don't know the Republican candidate, but ABBN....any body but Nutter.
    I have lived in Portland, OR, in between the Bloods and Crips. They shot at each other, but always missed...all their drive-by shooting got were the innocent. Solution? Gun safety training the minute each child hits puberty, no matter their demographic, family background, sex, financial status....
    As for Philly's murder rate:
    I believe that the more guns the good guys have, fewer bad guys would get away with their assault on Philly. The fewer guns the good guys have, the more the bad guys will feel free to harrass and intimidate. If every one was armed, it would give them fools pause.
    As for police? and guns?
    They say they are for the 2nd amendment, but their actions speak louder than words. I had several question me for 5 hours because they couldn't believe a woman would 1)own a gun, 2)have a permit to carry concealed, and 3)go hunting. In the end, they let me go, no charges were filed, but they kept my property (one was still in the shrink wrap--as I had just bought it at Wal-Mart).
    As for the fate of Philly?
    More good level headed common-sense filled humans have to run for office, stack the city council with folks who can think logically.

(Montgomery County)

The city needs money. It is always going to Harrisburg with it's hand out. Also SEPTA cries a lot for state aid. I vote we outside the city stop allowing any state funds going to the city until it stops all gun grabbing talk or actions.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mbrubaker View Post
    This is my first rant...
    It is frightening to live in this city with Nazi Nutter. Can't Knox run as an independent, like Lieberman did, and win? What are the chances of a Republican winning? -snip-
    No one can win in Philadelphia running against a black democrat.

On the bright side, after they spend a bunch of your tax money on fruitless appeals, the State preemption law will keep them from enacting any law more stringent than the State.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Hey folks,Dont know whether you noticed but we seem to have a gun hating ,big brother loving democrat on our hands.I dont know his intentions but anyone who loves there liberty is in big trouble.I am scared that they will take my gun and put a blinking police camera on my block.The police around here already act like they dont know the law.I was pulled over told them i have a gun with p/carry and he didnt say anything just put me in cuffs.Do they only think bad guys have guns,Dont a lot of them carry off duty.And is there anyone else afraid of nutters police state.
    DON'T TELL COPS THAT YOUR ARMED! It's not required by state law. I've had two friends who had very bad experiences politely informing police they were carrying lawfully. One was held at gunpoint by Philadelphia PD, the other was physically assaulted by a State Trooper. If they ask, tell them the truth: "Sir, I do not have anything illegal in my car"

Frankly, after Nutter gets elected, Philadelphia may be so unfriendly towards concealed carry you may be better off not calling the police if you shoot someone in self-defense. Given Philly PD's track record on unsolved murders, you have a better than 50% chance of living the remainder of your life unmolested. That's just going by the numbers. If you take into consideration that you're not a known gang member shooting a 7-11 clerk infront of a camera your chances are pretty spectacular.

Of course, that last paragraph was purely hypothetical and i'd never suggest anyone break the law...just throwing the facts out there.
    Last edited by MarcS; May 28th, 2007 at 09:13 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    No one can win in Philadelphia running against a black democrat.
    Amen to that brother....the city will continue its downward spiral into oblivion under Nutter.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    DON'T TELL COPS THAT YOUR ARMED! It's not required by state law. I've had two friends who had very bad experiences politely informing police they were carrying lawfully. One was held at gunpoint by Philadelphia PD, the other was physically assaulted by a State Trooper. If they ask, tell them the truth: "Sir, I do not have anything illegal in my car"
    +1

The one that was assaulted by the PSP is my best friend. Totally out of line.

I recently had a friend that hent a Pitt PD officer his CCP along with his DL. The cops had him there for 45 minutes harassing him for carrying (4 more units arrived) then they found the handgun he has mounted under his dash, and the AK pistol that was loaded in the trunk. They calimed it was a "sawed off rifle" and kept him there longer, finally they got confirmation that he doean't have a criminal history, and that all guns were legal.

Most cops don't know half ther laws they enforce, so why put yourself in a position where you have to explain the gun laws to them? If you get pulled over, don't tell them you're carrying.

(Philadelphia County)

I took my buddy to the montco courthouse today to pick up his permit. Guy at the front desk checking my pistol got nosey.

"what do you do for a living"
    "i'm a student"
    "why do you need all this"
    "all the regular reasons"

every time i'm in there i have to think of another polite way to tell them "none of your fucking business"

also, those guys are a wealth of misinformation. Guy issuing the permits told my buddy he can't carry on university campuses or anywhere it's posted.

(Philadelphia County)

I'd think someone who flirts with the idea of fleeing a crime-scene after a SD-shooting could be a little more open-minded about my statement.

What Im saying is just about undeniable when you get past your conditioned PC knee-jerk. The black vote is why Democrats have had an absolute lock on power during the last 60 years, and I blame that democratic lock on power on a lot of preventable problems that have plagued the city during that time.

Im all for universal sufferage, but sometimes the results just suck. Wait until you see the results on the national level in 25 years due to the legal children of the Mexican demographic. Just about the time I'll be hitting my prime money-making years I imagine I'll be slapped with a 50% income tax or more.

(Lancaster County)

Not too sure that First Amendment thing works out all the time either.
    Last edited by JayBell; June 1st, 2007 at 05:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast