Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATF FFL Forms

(Cumberland County)

Question ATF FFL Forms

I have ordered all required ATF FFL forms, at their online site two months ago and again one month ago. I have not received anything to date. Anyone else having similar delays?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: ATF FFL Forms

Not with FFL forms (i didn't order any of those) but the NFA forms are taking a long time to get mailed out. It took me nearly 2 mos to get some form 1 /4 and fingerprint cards when i ordered them back in Feb.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mojobe44 View Post
    I have ordered all required ATF FFL forms, at their online site two months ago and again one month ago. I have not received anything to date. Anyone else having similar delays?
    Which forms?
    Yes.
    I ordered online the C&R forms. Twice also. First set took 10 weeks. Second set took 7 weeks.
    The 2A does not GIVE us the right. It tells the gov they can not INFRINGE our right.

(Northampton County)

It seems that everything the ATF is doing these days is in ass drag slow mode . I have all kind of forms ordered seems to be taking months.

What are you looking for? I may have them. I will be happy to send some to you.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by rflynn View Post
    It seems that everything the ATF is doing these days is in ass drag slow mode . I have all kind of forms ordered seems to be taking months.

What are you looking for? I may have them. I will be happy to send some to you.
    Thanks for the offer but my forms request was pretty large.

(Lackawanna County)

I ordered a week after Kadar and get them the day before. Now for the interminable wait for the license....
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Montgomery County)

Hum, I have order the application and received them pretty quick. I guess it took a few weeks or so, but it wasn’t bad. But I have to ask some questions, I think I may have ordered the wrong application? The choices I'm being given on the application don't seem to have what I was looking for. I wanted to be able to have collectable full autos. I think the application I have is for opening a Gun shop of sorts...me thinks I received the wrong Application here. a little help may be in order here ? Gee I hope they don't come and bang down my front door because I may have made a mistake
    Gt

Quote Originally Posted by mojobe44 View Post
    You can find some ATF forms for download here:
    http://titleii.com/TitleII.com/Forms.html

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gtbullet View Post
    Hum, I have order the application and received them pretty quick. I guess it took a few weeks or so, but it wasn’t bad. But I have to ask some questions, I think I may have ordered the wrong application? The choices I'm being given on the application don't seem to have what I was looking for. I wanted to be able to have collectable full autos. I think the application I have is for opening a Gun shop of sorts...me thinks I received the wrong Application here. a little help may be in order here ? Gee I hope they don't come and bang down my front door because I may have made a mistake
    You need to be a little more specific what you are trying to do. An 03 FFL "C&R License" is a type of FFL. It allows you to receive in interstate commerce certain firearms classified as curios and relics (anything over 50 years old or on the C&R list). Some of those firearms are Title II full autos. You would still need to complete a Form 4 for the particular NFA item you want to purchase, but once approved it could be shipped directly to you if you held a C&R FFL instead of having to go through a local NFA Dealer.

At this point, my opinion is any transferable full auto should be C&R by definition since they're all collectible at this point, but if your intent is to eventually get a C&R Title II firearm, go ahead and get the C&R FFL. It also opens up a lot of opportunities to get Title I guns sent direct and avoid FFL fees and get you some discounts from some places like Midway and Brownells. You will still have the delays associated with processing a transfer on a Title II firearm though.

The flip side is, you don't need to apply for an FFL to buy any Title II item. Once it is at a PA SOT dealer, you submit your Form 4 to the ATF with all the associated things and once the transfer is approved you can pick up the item. This is not a "license". It is the payment of a transfer tax with an associated background check and approval. It is not something you can do in advance in anticipation of buying something. I would suggest if this is something you are seriously considering, you should talk to a dealer of Title II firearms and let them familiarize you in some detail on what is involved.

Good luck!

AJ
    Last edited by hipowr; June 3rd, 2009 at 02:39 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Thank you,
    Gt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast