Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default What would you do in this situation?

Would your reaction differ if you were OC, CC, or unarmed?

http://www.scrantontimes.com/1.37057

Strong-arm robbery reported in N. Scranton
    Published: May 27, 2009

Robbery reported in N. Scranton

SCRANTON - City police are investigating a reported strong-arm robbery Monday outside a North Scranton convenience store by a man who told the victim he was a police officer.

Gary Knapp, 49, of Scranton, told police he parked beside Joe's Kwik Mart, Providence Road and North Main Avenue, around 6:30 p.m. when he was approached by a man who had a pair of handcuffs and identified himself as a police officer. He ordered Mr. Knapp to face his vehicle and place his hands on it, police said; the victim was not handcuffed.

The suspect took Mr. Knapp's wallet from his back pocket and a bag containing money from his vehicle before fleeing north on Main Avenue in a green sport utility vehicle, police said.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: What would you do in this situation?

I know of hookers who carry handcuffs. The cuffs aren't what makes the cop a cop - the badge does. Look for the badge. at 6:30 the sun should have been up so you can get a good look at the person, his car, his credentials, etc. OC, CC, not armed, doesn't matter. People are all too willing to roll over and play dead when approached by a cop.

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by mchaley View Post
    I know of hookers who carry handcuffs. The cuffs aren't what makes the cop a cop - the badge does. Look for the badge. at 6:30 the sun should have been up so you can get a good look at the person, his car, his credentials, etc. OC, CC, not armed, doesn't matter. People are all too willing to roll over and play dead when approached by a cop.
    You make a very good point, most of us would complie I think. Nothing I hate more than a thief and even more so , a tricky bastard !

Quote Originally Posted by dman View Post
    You make a very good point, most of us would complie I think. Nothing I hate more than a thief and even more so , a tricky bastard !
    I myself would ask to see ID,along with badge, Cuffs alone does not make a cop..I dont just roll over for anyone or anything..If he ends up being a real cop then i would go into my own mode of questioning. Why are you asking me to do this. What is your RAS and so on..my .02 cents

Semper Fi,

(Monroe County)

This is why police officers must show some form of identification. any person who would submit to vocal commands of a complete stranger because they are telling you some bullshit deserved to be robbed, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    This is why police officers must show some form of identification. any person who would submit to vocal commands of a complete stranger because they are telling you some bullshit deserved to be robbed, sorry.
    Nobody deserves to have their private property taken by force. It doesn't depend on a person's level of intelligence, common sense, courage, or will to stand up for your rights. Everyone has a right to their own private property.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by JavaProgrammer View Post
    Nobody deserves to have their private property taken by force. It doesn't depend on a person's level of intelligence, common sense, courage, or will to stand up for your rights. Everyone has a right to their own private property.
    I don't disagree. I do think when someone willfully submits without question, their rights don't account for jack shit until after the fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    I don't disagree. I do think when someone willfully submits without question, their rights don't account for jack shit until after the fact.
    I'm glad to see that we don't disagree. I guess I interpreted the word "deserved" a little differently from the way you meant it. We can both agree that after the fact, everything should be done to return the victim's private property.