Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default parkway construction?

i'm heading out there for the pirates game saturday, the 30th. i was wondering if any of Yins know what the lane restrictions are if any on the parkway? inbound or outbound? yeah i'm going to see the zac brown band and then the pirates will try to pay baseball... this game i'll actually have a pirates shirt, thanks to a nice 2 dollar purchase at the salvation army and i'll be weating my new real cowboy hat that i bought out in utah. anybody else going? want to have a couple drinks at the pimenti bros in monroeville? i think i'll still wear my phillies world champions pin on my pirates shirt so yall can have good luck for your team.
    my goal: to get every good person in the philly region responsibly armed.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: parkway construction?

You never really know what the situation with the Parkways are going to be. But, on a Saturday, the inbound Parkway East (I376W) will be fine. It's two lanes at the moment, but it has been manageable.

You may want to think of doing your Primanti Brothers grubfest downtown though... That way if there are any traffic issues, you'll already be parked and in town closer to game time...

Have fun...

(Allegheny County)

I travel this route daily for work, i will keep you updated on what the situation is.

(Bucks County)

Thanks, guys. now to make this gun related... what piece should i carry on my journey? should i wear the m&p 40 on my hip, or the 38 special snubby in my pocket? should i accesorise with my .22 belt buckle? i'm thinking the .38 special with the .22 belt buckle because the .40 might accedentially come into view when i reach for my pocket to buy something at the stadium. plus the .38 i could have my shirt tucked in and not many people know the .22 belt buckle is real unless i tell them that it is and it would look good cause i am going to see the zac brown band there and i will be wearing a cowboy hat.

they been patting down recently at the pnc park? i know citizens bank ballpark is the same old i got to front tuck before i get to the gate and then go to the bathroom after i get into the gate to repocket my .38 snub.

(Bucks County)

now i'd love to wear my sw model 629 there, but that thing is huge and would have to be open carried, and i think the ticket takers would kind of freak out and try to tell me i can't get in wearing it.

i'll just have to wait to wear the magnum at a public event until ted nugent comes to pa again... he loves it when fans wear big shiny guns

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ccphilly1984 View Post
    Thanks, guys. now to make this gun related... what piece should i carry on my journey? should i wear the m&p 40 on my hip, or the 38 special snubby in my pocket? should i accesorise with my .22 belt buckle? i'm thinking the .38 special with the .22 belt buckle because the .40 might accedentially come into view when i reach for my pocket to buy something at the stadium. plus the .38 i could have my shirt tucked in and not many people know the .22 belt buckle is real unless i tell them that it is and it would look good cause i am going to see the zac brown band there and i will be wearing a cowboy hat.

they been patting down recently at the pnc park? i know citizens bank ballpark is the same old i got to front tuck before i get to the gate and then go to the bathroom after i get into the gate to repocket my .38 snub.
    I'm not supplying any info which should be used to break laws/rules/etc; but yes, there typically have been "pat downs". I'd assume OC is out of the question, otherwise just be smart when entering PNC Park or Heinz Field here in town.

Concealed means concealed.

(Bucks County)

i don't break laws. and some rules are made to be broken. it's actually funny the land at citizens bank ballpark is owned by the city of philadelphia and they say nothing about weapons at all on the phillies site due to preemption laws on public property. philly still disrespects the law with pat downs, but the cops tell you to tuck it in the front and put it back on ur hip or in your pocket after you get in... at least the cops obey the law in philly more than the pat down thugs that work for the phillies and the beurocrat politicians.

they didn't pat me down when i had my mp40 and my 38 on my. speaking of which, i havent been to a group shoot in a while.

(Allegheny County)

How did it go? Enjoy the game?

I hope the parkway traffic due to construction eased up in time. It's been a lot better since they just stopped making any progress and left it half finished.
    F*S=k

(Bucks County)

traffic wasn't bad. the game was the best baseball game i've been to in years. more fun than the phillies games. i like pirates games. that was my second one. i made that post because last year for my first one, the parkway traffic was god awful. i did have an issue because i forgot that the stadium was on the north shore and i kept on going between south side near the hard rock cafe and downtown...

i'll post a pic of me in pirates wear, but let it be known that i am not wearing this stuff when the pirates are playing the phillies, because i am from the east side and pirates wear is embarassing when we have the champion baseball team... and it's funny that around here there is as much steelers stuff and eagles stuff and i am 5 miles from philadelphia.

and here is us at a baseball game (taken the week before)

... i just had to throw that in there. i'm taking her shooting in tn in 3 weeks when we visit her mom and sister. if she likes it, i'll get her to sign up and go to soem group shoots... she does live in the people's republic of new jersey, but plans on converting. i also told her that if she likes shooting, i'd pay for her ut ccw so she can carry in pa.

(Bucks County)

i'm trying to convince her sister and her to want to go to the game on our way back from tn (skyblast 2) but her sis only wants to see the fireworks from outside the stadium... so i'll be in the neighborhood probially at the hard rock and might go to dave and busters around there to get soem steelers or pirates (they onle have eagles and phillies at the three dave and busters near me).
    i really love baseball. any game will do... i want to go to a cleveland indians game or a cincinatti reds game sometime too. and i know it it illegal to carry into the indians games, so i have to leave my piece in my car for that one. i'm hoping for cleveland when they play the red sox or yankees and cincinati when they play the pirates or phillies.