Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOCK AND AWE

(Northampton County)

Default SHOCK AND AWE

I decided today was the day I would exercise my freedoms got dressed in normal biker dress, Jeans boots black shirt and my skid lid, shirt tucked and my Glock 30 and double mag pouch exposed.
    I got on 78W at the Easton on ramp and headed to Cabelas. The shock is from all the vehicles with Jersey plates starring at me I would intentionally slow down and ride with the liberals side by side so they can get a good look and take a picture if they wished to do so, as they will never see this in their Nazi state. Almost every Jersey vehicle looked with amazement how we in Pennsylvania can enjoy all our freedoms. I got some horns blown from truckers w the thumps up, all and all an excellent OCing on my bike day. Picked up some ammo at Cabelas, .45 asp they were stocked. OK so I Passed a total of 6 PSP 4 on my strong side and I was a little nervous to be honest But nothing came of it, I am positive the saw my Glock , Stopped for gas in Easton With one comment Are you a cop?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: SHOCK AND AWE

I need to learn to drive a motorcycle lol, but getting a job is my main focus right now. A good story though, its always funny to see Jersey peoples response to carry, concealed and open.

-Alex

(Tioga County)

FYI you don't drive a motorcycle, you ride a motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by MontCo Alex View Post
    I need to learn to drive a motorcycle lol, but getting a job is my main focus right now. A good story though, its always funny to see Jersey peoples response to carry, concealed and open.

-Alex
    USNRET '61-'81

(Northampton County)

Nice. I'm nearby if you ever want to hang out and OC. I don't have a bike, though. I can tell you nobody gives a crap north of 22. South of 22 I guess I've only been to the Home Depot so far. Oh, and a gas station in downtown Easton.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    FYI you don't drive a motorcycle, you ride a motorcycle.
    If we want to get nitpicky, you operate a motorcycle. Ride would imply that you sit there and just ride it, which of course, you don't.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by MontCo Alex View Post

-Alex
    PA is a wonderful state in that the motorcycle safety course is FREE.
    http://nm.msf-usa.org/msf/ridercourses.aspx?state=PA

Free free free! wooo-eee!

I highly advise signing up for the course ASAP. Doesn't matter if you can't afford/don't plan on buying a bike anytime soon- the license will patiently wait.
    That and at least the State College area signup is usually booked for months ahead of the present. But, you can still show up as a walk-in to the first day of any class and if there are enough no-shows you will get in... might have to try it a few times, but eventually you may get lucky before your signup date comes (just remember to un-sign-up if you get in early).

Watch for motorcycles!

EDIT: oh, and I forgot to mention that if you complete the course you walk away with a license...
    And, statistics show that you are very much less likely to be involved in an accident if you learn to ride/drive/operate from a professional (the msf class, for example) than on your own or from a friend...
    Last edited by Asterix909; May 26th, 2009 at 10:55 AM.

(Bucks County)

I too was on 78 yesterday.....Jersey drivers do really suck, surprised they could look at your gun and drive at the same time.

(Adams County)

"Are you a cop?"

"Why yes, I am a Carry Open Proponent, but Open Carry Proponent has a better ring to it."

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix909 View Post
    PA is a wonderful state in that the motorcycle safety course is FREE.
    http://nm.msf-usa.org/msf/ridercourses.aspx?state=PA

Free free free! wooo-eee!

I highly advise signing up for the course ASAP. Doesn't matter if you can't afford/don't plan on buying a bike anytime soon- the license will patiently wait.
    That and at least the State College area signup is usually booked for months ahead of the present. But, you can still show up as a walk-in to the first day of any class and if there are enough no-shows you will get in... might have to try it a few times, but eventually you may get lucky before your signup date comes (just remember to un-sign-up if you get in early).

Watch for motorcycles!

EDIT: oh, and I forgot to mention that if you complete the course you walk away with a license...
    And, statistics show that you are very much less likely to be involved in an accident if you learn to ride/drive/operate from a professional (the msf class, for example) than on your own or from a friend...
    PA Motorcycle Safety courses are paid for by bikers. Every time you renew your drivers license, and have a "M" classification, you pay 5 dollars more than the people that only have car privileges. So when you go for your permit, you will pay for it, and then every time after at Driver License renewal! Bikers paying for biking training, how clever.

But as many people have said, take it!! I have taken the basic, and 6 times the experienced course.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Berks County)

I've only OC'd on my motorcycle once, and was pulled over and questioned by the Norther Berks police department because of a phone call about a man on a crotch rocket with a gun. Just had me show them my LTCF and that was it.. glad to hear your ride went good! I'm down for an OC ride sometime if you'd like...I live about 5 mins from cabellas myself - that is if a cruiser guy will ride with a sportbike

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast