Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Post Looking for a Holmesburg Fish and Game member

no longer looking
    Last edited by OrionBricks; June 2nd, 2009 at 03:25 PM.
    After WW3, only roaches will survive, and they will live in steel AK mags.

Default Re: Looking for a Holmesburg Fish and Game member

well, if he doesnt need one, i could use one!

The story: I finally graduated from college, am living back at home (in jersey), and decided to mail in my membership papers to the local club (Delran Junior Marksmanship Club). Its a nice club, only 10 minutes from my house, and i've shot there a few times before. Here comes the bad news though. A week after I mailed in my application, I got a call from the president of the club. He explained to me that the club is embroiled in a heated battle over some a couple rounds that a local business found on its roof, and is blaming on the club for them. The club is closed until further notice, and he seems to think that the town is looking for any excuse to shut them down permentantly.

Anyways, there are precious few shooting clubs in New Jersey, and most of them are a decent drive from my house. The next closest club to me is Holmesburg Fish and Game (I live right near the tacony-palmyra bridge). I noticed on their website that they are waiving the new member initiation fee, so I am considering joining so I can get some range time in until the Delran club (hopefully) reopens. If anyone here is a member and would be willing to spend an hour or two at the range with me sometime in the next couple weeks, it would be much appreciated. I would mostly be looking to shoot at the rifle range. I shoot mostly .22, with a bit of garand mixed in.

For anyone concerned about taking a stranger to the range, though I am not the best shot out in the world, I am 100% serious about safety (my brother actually makes fun of me for being so serious about it, I take the fun out of shooting for him). I've got no problem following any and all range rules. I've got NJ's FID card, if that does anything for you, as well.

Thanks