Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DOES YOUR NEW 30SF HAVE THESE INDICATIONS ?

Hundreds of nib 30sf's are showing up with the failure to return to battery problem. Among other operational defects.
    Last edited by mike4; May 21st, 2009 at 04:11 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: DOES YOUR NEW 30SF HAVE THESE INDICATIONS ?

I read a thread over on Glocktalk about them. I was close to buying one and glad I held off at this point. From what I've gathered the trigger bar is somewhat out of spec and causing the slide to slow down during the firing cycle. Heck, I recently found that BOTH my Glock 22's don't feed properly with either my M3 light or Glock light attached. I think Glock needs to slow down and get back to the basics, or something!

(York County)

You know my wifes's 30sf has the problem. I am leaning towards the problem being a result of a bad batch of frames. The rear rails measure too low and the associated problems with that is what we are seeing with the trigger bars being cut into by the slide dragging on it for example. I've tried for the last 2 days to talk to someone at Glock but no one has answered their tech line when I called.

I got thru when i called twice. talked to two diff reps. One was familiar due other complaints he fielded and the other acted as though he never heard of it and made subtle negative comments about internet information. You can't deny the measurements. my 21sf both measure 1/8"off the plastic to the top of the rails. All 4. The 30sf is 1/64" lower in rear. AND one front seems off level. Glock seems to have an answer for everything. I wish i had more guns measurements. serial numb prefix's would help see where problems surface. My gun never failed trtb and is mega accurate. I love the gun so much i dson't want to dump it. Actually when i know things have gone wright i will buy another. They should see my point and put a new frame on the gun for me. got the call tag. Exp's june 11 so i have a little time. I'm glad if i helped you notice the severity of the problem. Many people have had ftf and ftrtb every 10 or 20 rds. Good luck. Love to know where your at with it a month or two from now if you send it in.

(Montgomery County)

Yes ,I'm one of those on that Gtalk thread.My G30sf is a paper weight right now.
    Heres mine,,lovely isn't it ,,this is a replaced Trigger Bar also put in the Wolf Rod and #19 recoil spring,,I'm not sending mine back til glock fixes or acknowledges the problem,,some have sent theres back to have it returned with the same line ,,couldn't replicate problem which is a load of crap ,,,,something is wrong,,out of spec.
    And before anyone goes off saying it's user error save yourself that line and go read the almost 1700 post thread on this issue at glock talk.
    Some just have a rub mark even on 21sf's with no problems,,this isn't a rub it's a gouge and on both trigger bars,,prevent s the gun from going to full battery.
    Glock Certified Armorer, GSSF Member, NRA Member

* Well , it's been a while since these comments were posted. Since then glock has replaced my pos 30sf with a non sf g30 at my request. Everything that was wrong with the sf (made in may 09) is good with the conventional 30. The rails run even ,the trigger bar has NO GOUGE on day1 and after hundreds of rds.The mag takes 10 nicely and feeds without issue. Smooth and loose. It's obvious to me that the slop that glocks need was not in the 30sf i sent back. That slop is essential for operational ease. I (from day 1) can push a loaded mag into the magwell with one finger unlike the sf that i needed to palm slam every time. Oh yeah ,something was seriously wrong with that 30sf.
    My main reason I stopped by this thread was to ask if anyone has purchased and newly manufactured 30sf's lately with 100% success. Glock success!
    I want another sf after now owning 3 conventional 30's ( 1 recent replacement 30 and 2 pre-rail ,gen 2 style 30's from 2004)
    LOVE THOSE PRE-RAIL 30's. My 2 are mint and came to me out of safes with under 50 rds on them. One is my edc for life.

Any 2010 30sf's out there showing all the improvements i would hope to hear about ? I don't regard GT as a reliable source of info anylonger so i thought i'd ask here at a civilized ,knowledgable source of info with normal minds NOT saturated in the kool aid...

ps- Ironic because my 21sf never gave me a lick of trouble after 1000+ rds. I tend to think thats because the time period of around jan 09 to recently we see the 30sf show problems and gouges on parts.

After poring thru the web last night trying to research a different Glock issue of a G-23, I came across your thread. In answer to your question I too am having the problem of the slide scoring the trigger bar. I purchased my pistol mid 2009. The gun has less than 200 rounds shot thru it. I will try to include a photo.

I would appreciate if you could provide me with the email address for Glock Tech support (USA) so that they can address this issue. My email address is tailwinds777@aol.com.

Thank you
    Ret

ps. site is asking for a url in order to add the photo. I am not able to do this at this time. Will send you the photo if you respond to my email address.

(Montgomery County)

Exclamation Re: DOES YOUR NEW 30SF HAVE THESE INDICATIONS ?

I own a Glock30SF since the end of May with 400 rounds downrange and no problems. {Blue Label Serial # prefix PGK with proof fire date of 5/14/10}

Firearm has been field stripped numerous times and there are no unusual wear marks to report.

white label ? ( civilian ) blue label ? ( LE ) ... yellow label is for loaners

Could you please post the prefix of your serial number for a reference point

example: abc###

Thanks
    Last edited by Gunnutz13; July 15th, 2010 at 01:02 PM.

thank you for your reply. I am trying to correct the problem and here is a response from a Glock gunsmith from abroad. Unfortunately Glock chooses not to publish an email address for tech support here in the US.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for the photo, I see what you mean, it is most unusual for the trigger bar section that activates the firing pin safety to be in contact with the slide, this really needs to be checked and rectified by the supplier, there may be a link with the trigger axis pin.

Regarding the trigger axis pin, check it is straight by rolling it along a flat surface.

When installing this pin it is essential it is "midships", in this position the slide release lever will move forward (under the slight spring tension), by moving forward about ten thousands of an inch the slide release secures the axis pin and stops it moving out of the frame in use.

If the pin is out the slide release lever can be removed, just check the pin when pushed through the lever (out of the frame) that the lever can fit into either of the 2 grooves in the pin,..............hope that makes sense.
    -------------------------------

PS. i purchased my weapon in May of last year. I have less than 200 rounds shot thru it.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by mike4 View Post
    I (from day 1) can push a loaded mag into the magwell with one finger unlike the sf that i needed to palm slam every time.
    ^I have to do this with my 30sf.

When it comes to the trigger bar mine shows the scratch as well but I will tell you i've had about 200 rounds down the pipe without a hiccup so far.

My S/N starts with MVY*** (white label)
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast