Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default The Fire Store/ Officer Store -- Coatesville

Has anyone ever visited this store located at 104 Independence Way in Coatesville? Do they sell holsters? My LTCF came in the mail today and I want to try out some holsters but I'm not sure where to go.

(Chester County)

Default Re: The Fire Store/ Officer Store -- Coatesville

Quote Originally Posted by r2120cc View Post
    Has anyone ever visited this store located at 104 Independence Way in Coatesville? Do they sell holsters? My LTCF came in the mail today and I want to try out some holsters but I'm not sure where to go.
    OfficerStore in Coatesville stocks thousands of Holsters. Safariland, Bianchi, Gould & Goodrich, Blackhawk, and many other top brands.

Yeah, they're pretty good. They also sell over the internet. The shop is in Sadsburyville across Rt 30 from Keystone Helicopter.

(Allegheny County)

I envy you for being so close to the store as to be able to shop there, they are usually the first folks I check with when I need anything.
    I have placed _many_ phone and internet orders with these folks, never a problem.

I had questions about a particular holster that the website didnt address, so I called. Info on the rep's computer didnt help either ... so ... she called the sales floor and had someone bring her the item off of the shelf, removed it from the packaging, then reviewed the manufacturer's info sheet and the item itself. Definitely an A+ for effort and customer service.

Only other folks who have gone to that same degree for me have been Dillon Precision and Don Hume.
    Last edited by BCI Instructor; May 21st, 2009 at 10:58 AM.

NRA Certified Instructor / PA State Constable

(Chester County)

Thanks for the responses! I'll ride over there today and check it out!

(Philadelphia County)

Never been there, but ordered a holster from 'em and had zero problems. They'll be the first place I check in the future for other holsters assuming my attempt at making my own doesn't pan out.

I stopped in there yesterday to look at holsters... to see if I could actually try some IWB and OWB holsters. They only had one holster that fit my gun, so I tried it. Nice people there.

Interesting thing is, they sell firearms and ammo there, but only to LE. The guy said that was a township requirement. That struck me as strange. I don't mind if a place sells only to LE, but it should be the business's choice, not government's. What does the township board think they are accomplishing with that rule? Do they realize that a 5 minute drive to Walmart in the next township, and you can buy ammo there and, ummmm, bring it back into their township? You could even take that ammo with you and drive into the parking lot of the officer store, even carry it into the store with you, and pretend you bought it there.

Sometimes I just don't get it.
    Tommy610, NRA Member, Romans 12:18

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by tommy610 View Post
    Interesting thing is, they sell firearms and ammo there, but only to LE. The guy said that was a township requirement.
    Hmm. If the township said that the dealer could perform transfers to LE but not others, doesn't that run afoul of:

§6120. Limitation on the Regulation of Firearms and Ammunition.

(a) General rule. No county, municipality or township may in any manner regulate the lawful ownership, possession, transfer or transportation of firearms, ammunition or ammuni*tion components when carried or transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this commonwealth.
    ??????????????????

Something doesn't sound right.
    IANAL

(Chester County)

Good Morning Guys,

I just wanted to address a couple points. It is true that for now we do not sell weapons or ammunition to anyone other than Law Enforcement or licensed Security out of our Coatesville store. The reason is due to a conditional use that was granted to us by our township to have a store in a zoned industrial space. In granting us permission to have the store, we agreed that we would restrict ourselves in who we sold firearms and ammo to. Our other location in Chalk Hill, PA has no such self-restrictions and does great business in both firearms and ammunition to the general public. If anyone has any other questions you can contact me directly at jameswitmer at wpsginc dot com.

Thanks,
    Jim

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by OfficerStore View Post
    Good Morning Guys,

I just wanted to address a couple points. It is true that for now we do not sell weapons or ammunition to anyone other than Law Enforcement or licensed Security out of our Coatesville store. The reason is due to a conditional use that was granted to us by our township to have a store in a zoned industrial space. In granting us permission to have the store, we agreed that we would restrict ourselves in who we sold firearms and ammo to. Our other location in Chalk Hill, PA has no such self-restrictions and does great business in both firearms and ammunition to the general public. If anyone has any other questions you can contact me directly at jameswitmer at wpsginc dot com.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Not to sound rude, but,

If you will not recognize me as a paying customer, who is a law following person, at one store, I really have no urge to give you my money at your other store.

Funny thing is, I was looking at your website, and was planning to make a trip out to you.
    In light of this information, I will give my money to stores who see me as a "worthy" customer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast