Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: carry permit

Default carry permit

hi everyone, i live in delaware county, pa and was wondering if its hard to get a permit? i heard it was and i heard it wasnt. im a 30year old male who has never been in trouble (no record). i bought a yugo underfolder a few weeks ago and the guy that did the check said if i passed that check i should have no problem getting my permit. was this a true statement?
    thanks, ron

(Berks County)

with no record i think it should be pretty easy to get one....i had no record and good references and i got mine in 14 days including weekends......

(Delaware County)

The carry license shouldn't be a problem.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by armabill View Post
    The carry license shouldn't be a problem.
    +1 just carry something other than that yugo...
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

Default Re: carry permit

Just remember - Social Security Number ("SSN") disclosure onto the PA State Police License to Carry Firearms ("LTCF") application form is NOT REQUIRED, per federal court order in Stollenwerk v. Miller.

If your Sheriff does not warn you that SSN dislcosure is NOT required when you apply for a LTCF, then maike sure you tell him he is breaking the law.

Same goes for firearm dealers - they must warn you that SSN disclosure is NOT required when buying a gun.

(Indiana County)

Along with no SSN being required, there is no need to do anything other than fill out the PSP-designed form. No additional forms, no fingerprints, no separate reference statements - just the single-page PSP-designed form. Oh, maybe two passport-sized photos, plus the money, but that's it. It's a piece of cake, really. Don't sweat it.

(Delaware County)

I'm also from delaware county. It isn't difficult to get a permit here.you go to the courthouse for your paperwork, fill it out,make sure you know your references day & night phone no. get your picture taken & pay the fee.It probably will take every bit of 45 days to receive your confirmation letter. The sheriff is very thorough here.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by sengie View Post
    I'm also from delaware county. It isn't difficult to get a permit here.you go to the courthouse for your paperwork, fill it out,make sure you know your references day & night phone no. get your picture taken & pay the fee.It probably will take every bit of 45 days to receive your confirmation letter. The sheriff is very thorough here.
    I also live in Delaware County. The one warning I would give is that the sheriiff deputies are very thorough as mentioned. Which was fine but what surprised that they actually called my employer. I had a feeling that they would so I actually gave my supervisor a heads up (a british born self righteous gun hating woman). It turned into a minor confrontation but all the deputy wanted to do was confirm my place of employment listed on the application. So by right my supervisor had to answer the questions. CRAZY!

(Delaware County)

It took 43 consecutive days to receive my permit. Not as bad as the 45 business days I was told it would take. They also contacted my employer.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by squinn View Post
    It took 43 consecutive days to receive my permit. Not as bad as the 45 business days I was told it would take. They also contacted my employer.
    I know that for some it's not worth the trouble, but I have to say this.

Unless you mentioned that the reason for applying for the LTC was work related, the Sheriff's Office violated your privacy contacting your employer. According to the application, the only people who are supposed to be contacted are the 2 references supplied with the application, aside from the PICS check.

For those interested, see this thread for a similar discussion:
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...n-process.html

To be honest, I'm not sure exactly what I would do if my employer were contacted, but I would at least be contemplating filing a formal complaint.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast