Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Thumbs down More idiocy from the Senate SB 490 and SB 497

Here's some crap about banning those on the no-fly list from firearms possession and purchase. I don't advocate supplying guns to possible terrorists, But the No-fly list is NOT a conviction of a crime and there is no due process for a person being named to it, nor a sure fire method of having ones name removed.
    Regular Session 2021-2022
    Senate Bill 490
    Short Title: An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in firearms and other dangerous articles, further providing for definitions, for persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms, for sale or transfer of firearms and for Pennsylvania State Police.
    Prime Sponsor: Senator SABATINA
    Last Action: Referred to JUDICIARY, April 8, 2021 [Senate]
    Memo: "No-Fly, No-Buy" FBI Watchlists - Firearm Purchasing Legislation
    https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...&type=B&bn=490
    The next piece of shit is to make illegal actions in Philthydelphia more illegal! In short a legislative effort in idiocy since the Philly DA won't prosecute anyone for a mere gun crime! The bill calls for mandatory sentencing but NOT mandatory PROSECUTION.

Regular Session 2021-2022
    Senate Bill 497
    Short Title: An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in firearms and other dangerous articles, further providing for the offense of carrying firearms on public streets or public property in Philadelphia.
    Prime Sponsor: Senator SABATINA
    Last Action: Referred to JUDICIARY, April 8, 2021 [Senate]
    Memo: End the Shootings in Philly - Increase Penalty for Illegal Firearm Possession in First Class Cities
    https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...&type=B&bn=497

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Chester County)

Default Re: More idiocy from the Senate SB 490 and SB 497

What's the point of increasing the penalty for illegally carrying a gun if the DA's plea them down?

While it's a rhetorical question here, I would love for a reporter somewhere ask these ass clowns the question. If we can find some reporters perhaps we'll find out, but I won't hold my breath.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine