Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Took some pistols to the range today.

Today was my birthday, so I decided to head to the range with my CZ SP 01, Taurus PT1911 and my Bulgarian Makarov.

It's been a long time since I shot any of my Makarovs, so I "forgot" how much zip the ammo has when fired. If you never shot or owned a Makarov, I say you are missing out on a lot of fun. I ran some FMJ and HPs through the Bulgy and both ammo types shot the same.

The SP 01 is a very good shooting 9mm pistol. I bought it with the intent of using it for competition, but I haven't gotten around to the competition part. The weight of the pistol really helps with muzzle flip and how can you go wrong with a 19 rd magazine?

My PT1911 performs as it always does on the range. I will be refinishing the PT and my XD45 this week. I plan on using Titanium Gray on the PT and FDE on the XD. I hope they turn out nice because I have been debating on what colors to use on those two pistols. I will take some pictures and post them once they have been completed. I will also be refinishing my DPMS rifle as well.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Took some pistols to the range today.

Happy birthday! Its really great that you got to spend your birthday in an activity that you enjoy. Some day I'll get to shoot a Mak, in the meantime I'll have to make do with my Sig P232. Hope the rest of your day goes as well as the first part did.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Today was my birthday.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Today was my birthday, so I decided to head to the range with my CZ SP 01, Taurus PT1911 and my Bulgarian Makarov.

It's been a long time since I shot any of my Makarovs, so I "forgot" how much zip the ammo has when fired. If you never shot or owned a Makarov, I say you are missing out on a lot of fun. I ran some FMJ and HPs through the Bulgy and both ammo types shot the same.

The SP 01 is a very good shooting 9mm pistol. I bought it with the intent of using it for competition, but I haven't gotten around to the competition part. The weight of the pistol really helps with muzzle flip and how can you go wrong with a 19 rd magazine?

My PT1911 performs as it always does on the range. I will be refinishing the PT and my XD45 this week. I plan on using Titanium Gray on the PT and FDE on the XD. I hope they turn out nice because I have been debating on what colors to use on those two pistols. I will take some pictures and post them once they have been completed. I will also be refinishing my DPMS rifle as well.
    That CZ SP 01 looks like a pretty sweet gun. Never seen one but there is a small article in the back of this months G & A. And the price seems like a steal! I think I'll put one on my list of guture purchases. Oh, and Happy Bday aubbie515.

Thanks everyone.

The SP 01s aren't as inexpensive as other CZs, but it's not too bad. It is the largest pistol that I currently own and I doubt I would ever carry it.

Bill,

anytime you want to try out a Mak, let me know and we can head to Elverson Gun Club. The Sig 230 was the first pistol I ever bought. I didn't shoot it much, so I ended up selling it a few years later.

(Berks County)

Happy Birthday Aub!
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Schuylkill County)

Happy Birthday Aubie and many more!

Thanks gentlemen.

What is strange is that there isn't one firearm that I have to have right now. I guess I'll just wait til something catches my attention. I suppose if I had to put together a want list it would be.

1) SW1911Sc/PD commander size

2)Saiga 12

BTW Vic, John has some Kahr's and so does Tanners. LOL, I know that will get you to think about them AGAIN.