Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Huntingdon County)

Default Nite sight Nite sight looking for a night site

Hi all
    Well I am looking to do some work on the Glock 19 I recently purchased. One of the first things will be the addition of Night sights. There are several different manufactures out there with similar products that I would like some feedback from those of you who have experience with these good and bad.
    The ones I am looking at are
    1. AmeriGlo
    http://www.ghostinc.com/product/AMG_...lassic__0.html

2. Meprolight
    http://www.cgwgun.com/Meprolight-Tru...__MPL10GY.aspx

3.Trijicon
    http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/p...6&categoryID=7

4. TruGlo
    http://www.truglo.com/content/produc...gun_sights.asp

5. XS Bigdot
    http://www.xssights.com/store/handgun.html

Please do give me your experiences/preferences and why.
    Thanks before hand for the info
    Blessings
    Chet

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Nite sight Nite sight looking for a night site

First off welcome to the forum...

I have Trijicon night sights on my G19...I love them. I do not know much about the other brands. I really like the sights both for daytime and low light shooting....
    So I do not really have much info to give to your question except I love the ones I got...
    Good luck and I am sure some one with some real knowledge will be along to explain the differences better...
    -A
    No matter who you vote for the government always gets in.

(Huntingdon County)

Auto
    Thanks for the reply. The trijicons are high on my list right now. Just so many to choose from thought I would get some help. I see you are from Santa Fe, NM I have a brother in law in Soccorro. Been down to visit him and love it down there. Maybe someday........
    Thanks again and blessings
    Chet

(Philadelphia County)

XS Big Dots, hands down.

(Bedford County)

You need to find the style of sight you like. Straight Eight, Truglo, XS Big Dot are all very different sight types.

If the standard 3 dot system is what you like best....I would go with the ZONE 3 or AMERIGLO over the Trijicon or Meprolight. Ameriglo owns Zone 3 so both are the same. Ameriglo makes the steel sight bodies, and uses Trijicon lamps in them. They look just like a Trijicon sight...and have "Trijicon" in white printed right on the sight. The only difference? $20 less.

I have the Trijicon sights on both my Glocks and am very happy with them. I do not have any other experiences with any of the other brands that you have mentioned.
    Bazinga

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKMARK View Post
    You need to find the style of sight you like. Straight Eight, Truglo, XS Big Dot are all very different sight types.

If the standard 3 dot system is what you like best....I would go with the ZONE 3 or AMERIGLO over the Trijicon or Meprolight. Ameriglo owns Zone 3 so both are the same. Ameriglo makes the steel sight bodies, and uses Trijicon lamps in them. They look just like a Trijicon sight...and have "Trijicon" in white printed right on the sight. The only difference? $20 less.
    Of all the sights I've looked at (though haven't shot with yet) I like the Straight Eights the best. My eyes tend to stack the 2 dots better than line up 3 of them. They are what will probably end up on any handgun I get.

(Allegheny County)

i have mepros on my glocks. they're great night sights. rugged, easy to install, stay in place, i like the three dot system, etc.

some people think the notch in the mepro rear sight is not wide enough, though. i can see their point...getting on target might be quicker if the notch were a bit wider.

also, a lot of people do like systems other than the 3 dots...two dots (lined up vertically), "dot the i", V rears, etc. etc.

i've never really given anything other than 3 dots a serious try, so i can't really comment...however, a lot of people seem to find other types of sights faster to get on target. some people say three dots are more accurate, though.

all in all, i like my mepros. i like them with yellow rears and green fronts. i might try something else someday, but not because i have any issue with the mepros.
    F*S=k

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    i have mepros on my glocks. they're great night sights. rugged, easy to install, stay in place, i like the three dot system, etc.
    +1 on the mepros. I have greens front and rear, and have been happy with them. I haven't had any problems acquiring targets with them, under either good lighting or low-light situations. They're nice and bright without being glaring. I don't find that I actually notice the brightness of the sights when it counts (timed evolutions, training courses, etc), so much as they're a means to an end. I haven't tried other nightsights for any length of time, so can't comment on them.

Meps here, if possible, and nothing but if I'm buying them myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast