Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Open carry and what you should know before you do it

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    You cannot transport a handgun by vehicle to any place except a range, gunsmith, etc. unless you have LTCF. Unloaded, taken apart, no ammo, filled with cement and encased inside a lead bar, doesn't matter.

For example, if you don't live with your parents, you cannot legally transport a handgun by vehicle to your father's house to show him. No matter what. Unless you have LTCF.
    Looks like tearing the gun down completely and shipping it piece by piece to where you're going might be the best legal option if you're under 21 with out an LTCF, unless there is a law against shipping firearm pieces.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTrooper View Post
    Looks like tearing the gun down completely and shipping it piece by piece to where you're going might be the best legal option if you're under 21 with out an LTCF, unless there is a law against shipping firearm pieces.
    Pieces don't matter. Ship the gun in one piece, there is no difference if the frame is there.

Once you are 18 I think you can get a Maine permit.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    For example, if you don't live with your parents, you cannot legally transport a handgun by vehicle to your father's house to show him. No matter what. Unless you have LTCF.
    This exception sounds like that particular instance could be covered:

(13) Any person who is otherwise eligible to possess a firearm under this chapter and who is operating a motor vehicle which is registered in the person's name or the name of a spouse or parent and which contains a firearm for which a valid license has been issued pursuant to section 6109 to the spouse or parent owning the firearm.

http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/...out-a-license/

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    This exception sounds like that particular instance could be covered:

(13) Any person who is otherwise eligible to possess a firearm under this chapter and who is operating a motor vehicle which is registered in the person's name or the name of a spouse or parent and which contains a firearm for which a valid license has been issued pursuant to section 6109 to the spouse or parent owning the firearm.

http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/...out-a-license/
    So, an 18 year old that could legally own/possess a firearm could transport a firearm if the car is in the name of a parent, and that parent has a valid LTCF.

Technically, the 18 year old could in fact unload, transport, and the load up legally, if the car is in the spouse's or parent's name and if the that person has a valid LTCF.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTrooper View Post
    So, an 18 year old that could legally own/possess a firearm could transport a firearm if the car is in the name of a parent, and that parent has a valid LTCF.

Technically, the 18 year old could in fact unload, transport, and the load up legally, if the car is in the spouse's or parent's name and if the that person has a valid LTCF.
    That provision sounds more like something to cover you if you're driving dad's car and he left his Glock in the glovebox. LTCFs are not issued for specific firearms anyway - I would NOT try to abuse this provision, whose intent is clear, to try and circumvent the law. Just get a Maine permit!

(Montgomery County)

with paopencarry.org offline, this article should update the flyer link to this

(Dauphin County)

Just a quick question, I have my ltcf and I have had a few people argue with me saying if i open carry I am not allowed to have a round in the chamber. I know that I am allowed to do so but I just want to verify.
    Last edited by reaper16; March 1st, 2013 at 08:43 PM.

(Delaware County)

Of course you can have a round in the chamber - OC or CC.

I find that if I bet folks like that a dinner if they can show me where in the PA code is says that it usually gets them to shut up.

usual answer is that they heard it from someone who heard it from someone who heard it from a cop....
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by reaper16 View Post
    Just a quick question, I have my ltcf and I have had a few people argue with me saying if i open carry I am not allowed to have a round in the chamber. I know that I am allowed to do so but I just want to verify.
    Do you have a driver's license? If so, are you now prohibited from walking anywhere instead of driving?

(Delaware County)

My apologies for dredging up an old thread, but I was doing some reading, because the more informed you are the better, and I came across the 4th point under equipment, talking about keeping your LTCF on you, which according to that, allows you to carry in a gun free school zone? I'm rather confused with that. I always thought you couldn't take a firearm into a school, unless you were law enforcement? Does this mean I could concealed carry my weapon to my little brother's graduation ceremony at the local public HS? If not, what exactly is that portion of the post trying to say?

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast