Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sidearmor IWB

(Allegheny County)

Default Sidearmor IWB

Anybody have any experience with this holster??

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Sidearmor IWB

Quote Originally Posted by jmateer View Post
    Anybody have any experience with this holster??
    Extensive experience with their 1st gen IWB. It's the IWB I keep coming back to. It's excellent for any gun up to about a G19 in size. I use it for G17 too, but that's a little too big a gun for the "both J hooks right next to each other" style IWB.

(Allegheny County)

I use this holster everyday with my Glock 19.
    NRA Member
    GOA Life Member
    Moderator on www.m4carbine.net

(Lancaster County)

I have one for my glock 23 - it's comfortable -

But I have to wear a large untucked shirt to cover the large bulge

Don't waste your time with buying their shirt tucker accessory option - good idea... but it adds another inch of bulge

Is it really any good? I have a hard time believing that a hunk of plastic wedged between my pants is comfortable. I have tried a number of Iwb's(mostly leather)
    and after a long day they all sucked. Can anyone who uses one proclaim it is more comfortable then a leather iwb. If so I may actually try one.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Is it really any good?
    It's sturdy, holds the gun well, and goes on and off very quickly. One could argue that the spread-loop IWB is more steady, but that style (CTAC; Milt Sparks VM2) is a major PITA (for me) to install. When you want to run out for a quick errand, it's a night and day issue if the holster takes forever to wrestle into place.

I have a hard time believing that a hunk of plastic wedged between my pants is comfortable. I have tried a number of Iwb's(mostly leather)
    and after a long day they all sucked. Can anyone who uses one proclaim it is more comfortable then a leather iwb. If so I may actually try one.
    There are several ingredients in comfort:

1. The angle/cant of holster. So either you know what cant works for you, or get one that's adjutable. Very few leather IWBs have adjustable cant; many kydex IWBs do: POINT: KYDEX ...but a minor point

2. Where on your circumference it goes. Here, the spread-loop style is harder to deal with because it's a hassle to move it around. POINT: loop-on-holster style ...in either kydex or leather.

3. The material itself. Here, no question that leather is softer to the skin and gives more. POINT: LEATHER

4. Size of holster. More bulk inside the waist band = less comfort. The kydex material is certainly thinner than leather. POINT: KYDEX

Thus you have to weigh everything, try them out, and resign yourself to a certain amount of buy/try/sell.

IMO, #2 -- getting the holster to exactly hit the "sweet spot" -- is the most important. Once you find a holster that exactly settlers into the space as defined by your body, it won't matter what it's made of.
    Last edited by dgg9; May 15th, 2007 at 09:02 AM.

(Lehigh County)

I have one IWB from SideArmor for my G23, wore it once then threw it in the drawer, doesn't matter which position I tried to wear, it's either for standing or for sitting but never for both, I switched over leather and never look back.

(Berks County)

I carry a G23 daily in mine. Quick on and off and comfortable. I would highly recommend. Also conceals my 23 in my front pocket darn good.

(Allegheny County)

A wise man once said that your CCW should be comforting, not necessarily comfortable.
    NRA Member
    GOA Life Member
    Moderator on www.m4carbine.net

(Philadelphia County)

I have a Fist #20 that is all leather, adjustable cant, wide spread snap loops. Best holster i have ever tried.