Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Colt 6920's anyone

I just saw a post on another for sale board advertising NIB 6920's for $1325 shipped. Sounded like they had a bunch too. That is a great price. So, before you pony up 1k plus for a bushy, stag, or any other AR consider looking around for a Colt.

$1325 is a great price considering just a few month ago they were selling like hot cakes at $1600 - $1800.

Hell, i just picked mine up a month ago for $1420 shipped. Now, i'm thinking i should have waited a little longer. Maybe i should just pick up another one to average the cost out .

This is what i kinda figured would happen. Dealers put in large orders for AR's and now they are starting to get them in stock and have a lot of inventory to move to free up cash. One dealer i talked to said they had 100 6920's on order. That is almost $120k they have tied up in inventory when they get them in. Now that the buying is slowing down, they are forced to sell them at a more attractive price to move them.

I think AR / AK type rifles are going to continue on the downward price slide. There was no way the market could sustain those inflated prices forever.

Now all we need is for everyone else to get stocked up on ammo and wait for the ammo prices to come back down a little.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Colt 6920's anyone

I've noticed that this is happening here too. The dealers are having items in stock and better prices than a few months ago. It's a nice trend to see happening. Ammo should be next.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Ammo should be next.
    I hope you are right.

+1 out of pure hope!

(Allegheny County)

Link, please!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Link, please!
    PM sent...

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    I just saw a post on another for sale board advertising NIB 6920's for $1325 shipped. Sounded like they had a bunch too. That is a great price. So, before you pony up 1k plus for a bushy, stag, or any other AR consider looking around for a Colt.

$1325 is a great price considering just a few month ago they were selling like hot cakes at $1600 - $1800.

Hell, i just picked mine up a month ago for $1420 shipped. Now, i'm thinking i should have waited a little longer. Maybe i should just pick up another one to average the cost out .

This is what i kinda figured would happen. Dealers put in large orders for AR's and now they are starting to get them in stock and have a lot of inventory to move to free up cash. One dealer i talked to said they had 100 6920's on order. That is almost $120k they have tied up in inventory when they get them in. Now that the buying is slowing down, they are forced to sell them at a more attractive price to move them.

I think AR / AK type rifles are going to continue on the downward price slide. There was no way the market could sustain those inflated prices forever.

Now all we need is for everyone else to get stocked up on ammo and wait for the ammo prices to come back down a little.
    That is a great price, and I should have waited myself.
    When I picked up mine in January I paid $1600 with 250rds of ammo included.

But Ammo has been my concern lately... I can't even get 9mm.
    I hope this ammo crisis starts to slow down too..
    Last edited by RONNIE77; May 19th, 2009 at 10:43 AM.
    ZRT -SECTOR-7
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them" - Unknown
    "Incoming fire has the right of way" - Murphy's Military Laws
    "Fast is fine, accuracy is final" - Larry Vickers

(Montgomery County)

Wow, you can tell things are changing. Just saw a post today for 6920's at $1289 shipped. This is definitely a pre Obama price. I don't think they'll get much lower than that from dealers - but I do predict that private owners might go lower when money starts getting tighter.

So, it took about 8 months for things to level off on firearms - so, in theory, it should be at least 6 more months before ammo starts to show up sitting on shelves and maybe the prices coming down. One can hope right.

(Westmoreland County)

I just ordered a 6940 today for $1600 shipped. That's a lot better than
    $2000+ on Gunbroker. I figured that they will not go much lower than that, hopefully. I almost bought a 6920 a couple months back for about the same. I am glad I waited. The same guy has 6920's for $1320 shipped.