Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Coburn Rider Puts Park Visitors and Wildlife at Risk

I got this as an email http://act.npca.org/campaign/guns_ri...eiwg2h7w7b8t8?
    Its an anti gun thing trying to keep guns out of our parks. It was one of those form letters. I changed it a bit before sending it! I challenge you to do the same!

What it started out as:
    Please support safety in America's national parks by opposing a dangerous rider that was attached by Senator Coburn (R-OK) to the Credit Cardholders' Bill of Rights Act of 2009. This rider allows individuals to openly carry loaded rifles, shotguns, and semi-automatic weapons in national parks if the firearm is in compliance with state law. Assault rifles have no place at campfire talks and ranger-led walks in our national parks.

Seven former Directors of the Park Service and current and former park rangers oppose the rider because they believe it will increase the risk of poaching, vandalism of historic resources, and put visitors at risk.

The existing Reagan-era regulation strikes the right balance between respecting the rights of gun owners and protecting park wildlife and visitors. It simply requires people who take guns into the parks to keep their guns unloaded and safely stored.

Please support America's park rangers and fight this dangerous rider that puts park wildlife and visitors at risk.

Thank you for considering my view on this important matter.
    And what i changed it to.

Please support safety in America's national parks by voting for the Credit Cardholders' Bill of Rights Act of 2009. This rider allows individuals to exercise their second amendment right to keep and bear arms in a park, just as they are able to in the rest of our state.

Seven former Directors of the Park Service and current and former park rangers oppose the rider because they believe it will increase the risk of poaching, vandalism of historic resources, and put visitors at risk. This is laughable and these fellows should be fired! The only people who are going to follow the law are the law abiding, in other words the people who wont be out harming people, but protecting themselves. The "bad guys" could care less about the law...

Please support America's Constitution and fight for our freedoms!

Thank you for considering my view on this important matter.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Coburn Rider Puts Park Visitors and Wildlife at Risk

Nice edit! +26
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(York County)

Default Re: Coburn Rider Puts Park Visitors and Wildlife at Risk

Edited version sent!

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.