Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy mY SCOPE IS BLOCKED ! hELP!

B"H

Hello guys how is everyone doing? I have a BIG problem on my hands. I bought front and rear iron sights online last week. i received it today. The problem is after i installed the front sight i realized it is obstructing my scope completely. do you guys have any ideas what i should do so i can use the scope and the sights? ARR-108.jpg

Scope.jpg

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: mY SCOPE IS BLOCKED ! hELP!

You can replace the fixed front site with one that folds down and out of the way. It is going to cost you a bit more than the one you bought though. But, it is really your only option if it is blocking your view.

B"H

Thank you for the reply! Any suggestions on which front sights fold "REAL LOW"? I would like to remind everyone that i have rail on my gas block. thats where i am installing it.

that is a big front sight, and the scope looks to be on the small side and doesn't seem to be setup to co-witness w/ the AR sights so I don't really see a way to "fix" anything. Does the rear iron sight line up ok with the front sight when its installed?

I've never seen one of those gas blocks before either, is that covering a normal sized gas block, or is it the gas block itself?

Looks like the gas block to me. I think that to say the least he's going to have to use a flip up front sight. I believe he's going to have to put on some kind of mount or 20-30 moa bases to try to raise the scope a bit, AND probably still use a flip up to get them to cowitness pretty close. You could still attach the flip up sight to the gas block, but it's going to have to be shorter, and like I said, you may have to reaize the scope up some since it's a flat top upper.

I don't mean this as an asshole comment, but is that a luggage strap? If it's a legitimate strap for your rifle, you may want to attach it to the rifle a bit differently so it's more secure and won't shift, so you can also use it to shoot your rifle with as opposed to just carry it.

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    that is a big front sight, and the scope looks to be on the small side and doesn't seem to be setup to co-witness w/ the AR sights so I don't really see a way to "fix" anything. Does the rear iron sight line up ok with the front sight when its installed?

I've never seen one of those gas blocks before either, is that covering a normal sized gas block, or is it the gas block itself?
    B"H

Yes the rear sight lined up okay. i am sending a picture of the gas block without the sight.
    2.JPG

I don't really see any setup working w/ that optic, looks like flip up sights may work for getting out of the way of the sight picture but when flipped up I bet their sight picture is blocked by the top of the optic.

A riser could be an option, but not one i'd take personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat088 View Post
    Looks like the gas block to me. I think that to say the least he's going to have to use a flip up front sight. I believe he's going to have to put on some kind of mount or 20-30 moa bases to try to raise the scope a bit, AND probably still use a flip up to get them to cowitness pretty close. You could still attach the flip up sight to the gas block, but it's going to have to be shorter, and like I said, you may have to reaize the scope up some since it's a flat top upper.

I don't mean this as an asshole comment, but is that a luggage strap? If it's a legitimate strap for your rifle, you may want to attach it to the rifle a bit differently so it's more secure and won't shift, so you can also use it to shoot your rifle with as opposed to just carry it.
    B"H
    Yes it is a luggage strap. You wont believe how comfortable it is. it very wide about 1 3/4 of an inch. about 60 inches long. after looking at all the funky straps online and getting depressed i suddenly found this one in the attic.

(Lebanon County)

You could try either getting taller scope rings or a riser to raise the optic so you can see thru the iron sights with the optic still mounted or as was mentioned a set of the flip down sights. I didn't see a rear sight in the pics at all. That will also make a difference as to what your options are.
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun." Jeff Cooper

(Montgomery County)

YHM is going to make the least expensive flip front site. I'm not sure if your front site block rail is on the same plane as the rail on the reciever though. YHM has 2 flip sites - one for mounting on a rail and one for a gas block. I'd call whoever you choose to buy it from to make sure which one you need. They run about $75-$85.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast