Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st time ltcf

(Monroe County)

Default 1st time ltcf

I will be applying for my ltcf for the first time when I turn 21. What should I expect? Where can I get the paperwork? I live in east Drumore township outside of Quarryville. My father will also be applying. Thank you for your help!

Foster

Default Re: 1st time ltcf

Quote Originally Posted by summersux View Post
    I will be applying for my ltcf for the first time when I turn 21. What should I expect? Where can I get the paperwork? I live in east Drumore township outside of Quarryville. My father will also be applying. Thank you for your help!

Foster
    Some details for you
    http://www.co.lancaster.pa.us/sherif...p?a=3&q=577251

(Monroe County)

Thank you very much! I have a little under 2 months to wait but I will be ready!

Quote Originally Posted by summersux View Post
    Thank you very much! I have a little under 2 months to wait but I will be ready!
    Sounds good. One tip, though come here and ask us for the correct information on firearms laws. Sometimes, police, sheriffs, etc, are mis-informed about such things or try and impose their own thoughts on folks.

I'm not saying your sheriff is like this, I don't know him. Just saying in general if you have any questions, post 'em here for quick and accurate answers!

(Monroe County)

Haha, I love this site. I can find the answers to almost any question just by searching! I am looking over the form now and question #28 is "reason for a license to carry firearms:" It has several boxes with reasons. Am I just supposed to check one or can/should I check several? Thanks for your fast replies!

Foster

I just checked "self defense" and was done with it. However, you can check multipul if you wish from what I have read here. I wish there was a "because I can" or "zombie response team" option

(Monroe County)

There is a blank that says "other" and I was thinking about it writing "because it's my right" haha

(Lancaster County)

I would be careful with that Idea. In truth it is your right to OWN a firearm, not necessarily to CARRY a firearm. At least that is how it can be looked at. It's like you can buy a car but not be allowed to drive it because you don't have a license or had it revoked for some reason. If you loss you drivers license say to a DUI they don't make u sell the car. U just can drive it "legally".

Self defense is the best reason to check there...although it really doesn't matter. Checking one does not mean you cannot use your gun for one of the other reasons.

A LTCF is good for all legal reasons attributed to it. There are not separate ones for self defense, target shooting, collecting etc.

Does anyone know the reason for them asking that question, then? Obviously, they collect the data, and can see trends like "personal defense carrying went up 25% in the last year", etc. But should this question really be necessary for LTCF? I guess the fact that there is an "Other" option means they don't require specific info here. You could check "Other" and then say anything you want. I guess it comes down to this... is there any answer you could give that could be used to deny your app?

This is all hypothetical... people just check off a box or two and be done with it. But it makes me wonder why they ask at all.
    Tommy610, NRA Member, Romans 12:18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast