Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default Anyone who carries ever have to use it?

I'd like to hear some stories about anyone who ever had to use their carrying privilege.... whether it be pulling it out to scare a bad guy or actually firing at one.

(York County)

Default Re: Anyone who carries ever have to use it?

I drew once. The situation changed radically, quickly, and although I would do so again in the same situation, I was seen as the bad guy who pushed the situation to another level.

(Pike County)

I retired from the Security Industry a few years ago.

During the late 70’s I worked as an alarm technician servicing UL accounts on the overnight shift. Many times I arrived before the PD and I got my first CCW in NY as a first responder. Usually the PD arrived first, I’d let them in and they would clear the building before I worked on the alarm.

In the 80’s I managed a Security company (Alarm Systems and Armed Guards) in TX and was licensed by the Texas Board of Private Security Agencies. I moved back to New York in the 90’s and took an engineering job with an alarm manufacturing company and semi-retired to Milford 3 years ago.

I have been shot at and returned fire on more than one occasion.

In ’80 I responded to an alarm call at a furrier. When I entered the building a burglar fired at me and missed (lucky for me). I drew my weapon and announced (yelled in half fear I suppose, more balls than brains) to drop his weapon and come out. He fired again and I let a few lose hitting him once in the hip. The PD arrived within a few minutes and he gave up.

A fellow Delaware Open Carry.org member was subject to an attempted robbery on Christmas Eve around 3 years ago. Two men thrust something into his ribs as he gathered xmas gifts from his vehicle in his driveway.

He wheeled about and put 2 holes in one of them. I think the other evaded being hit, both fled. Several blocks away in the same neighborhood THEY dialed 911 and said they'd been shot by someone trying to rob them. lol.

His name is Dave and he's also a co-founder of Deloc.org.

(Allegheny County)

This question has been asked many times - the story about the DeloC gentlemen has been posted in its own thread. You could easily see lots of stories doing a search.
    FNX-9 Two-tone