Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default And another Target Master

So I know that a lot of people have been posting complaints about TM..... Well here's one more story.

I went yesterday with a friend and his younger brother. First off I get there and they tell me that I have to buy their .223 ammo if I want to shoot my AR. I understand that but it does not say anything about having to buy their ammo on their website. It just says: No Blaser Ammo, Smokey Reloads or Bullets that contain Steel. So they want to charge me $12.99 for 10 rounds! so I'm said forget it I'll wait and go to a different rage to shoot it. Nevertheless We figured we would just shoot our handguns while we're there so we pay the range fee, give the guy all three of our driver's licenses, go out onto the range only for the range officer to tell us that my friend's brother is not old enough to shoot (He's 19). Now I understand that that's the law but what really pisses me off is that they charged him for the range fee knowing he was under age, and would not give him a refund. So he ended up watching my friend and I shoot. All in all, we are never going back there again.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: And another Target Master

Sorry to hear about your experience at TM. A lot of people stay away from that place unless it is a last resort. If you're willing to drive, French Creek Outfitters is a nicer place to shoot and you don't have the range master breathing down your neck constantly. I was just at FCO yesterday and met a nice member from the board. Small world.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaduddel View Post
    So I know that a lot of people have been posting complaints about TM..... Well here's one more story.

I went yesterday with a friend and his younger brother. First off I get there and they tell me that I have to buy their .223 ammo if I want to shoot my AR. I understand that but it does not say anything about having to buy their ammo on their website. It just says: No Blaser Ammo, Smokey Reloads or Bullets that contain Steel. So they want to charge me $12.99 for 10 rounds! so I'm said forget it I'll wait and go to a different rage to shoot it. Nevertheless We figured we would just shoot our handguns while we're there so we pay the range fee, give the guy all three of our driver's licenses, go out onto the range only for the range officer to tell us that my friend's brother is not old enough to shoot (He's 19). Now I understand that that's the law but what really pisses me off is that they charged him for the range fee knowing he was under age, and would not give him a refund. So he ended up watching my friend and I shoot. All in all, we are never going back there again.
    There is no law stating an age requirement to shoot a gun. He is too young to purchase a gun from an FFL, but is legally allowed to own one at 18.

Sorry to hear that.

I am not a lawyer. So take the following with a grain of salt. Worst case it can cost you some extra money.

There is a little known or known but underestimated benefit of credit cards. Chargeback. And it is perfectly legal to have your CC issuer do a chargeback for goods or services that you did not receive, or received only partially. They can sue you then in small claims court, if they believe they have delivered. The advantage is simply that you reverse who has the money and who wants it.

This case sounds like partially delivered to me. So to screw them completely, I'd do a chargeback informing the CC issuer explicitly that this is because of partial delivery and that I will send them a check in the amount of what they delivered, using certified mail. That way I'd have proof that I attempted to pay for what they delivered and the CC company would most probably resist a chargeback reversal.

The thing is that the chargeback adds to their negative points with the CC industry. CC issuers don't like businesses where chargebacks happen. And they cost the business anywhere between $10 and $50 in fees per case. And it can eventually lead to their privilege to accept credit cards being revoked.

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

(Delaware County)

I've never heard of the ROs caring about a person's age. Nevertheless, there's no law saying you have to be 21 to fire a handgun. That only applies to actually buying the gun and the ammo. Did he actually ask his age?

And is it really 10 rounds for $12.99? Their website has it listed as 20 but I never bought any.

21 is their policy for handguns, I PM'd Synergy about this before I was planning to go there, never did make it with my friend and his 19yo GF. Their range their policy but they shouldn't be charging you for it, I was also under the impression that you are ok with your own non-metalic brass cased factory loaded .223? Very odd...
    Last edited by emsjeep; May 9th, 2009 at 11:25 PM.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

Prior posters have covered it. No law against a 19 year old shooting a handgun, or for that matter owning one if he acquired it from a parent or grandparent.

If the range has a private policy against letting 19 year olds shoot on their range, then they damn well better not accept money from 19 year olds for range time. That's called "fraud".

(Chester County)

I took my brother there and he shot my XD when he was under 21. You should've asked the guy who rung you up for the details.

Not only can 18 year olds own and fire a handgun, they can also OC one as well (except in Philly or in a vehicle).

+1 on the credit card chargeback
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Philadelphia County)

That sounds like theft or fraud to me.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast