Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default its been a long time, but i finally finished my Punisher AR build!!

and it didnt finish exactly way I originaly planned it, but who cares?!
    I've been AR-Less for WAY too long...

Over a year ago, I got this bright idea that I'm gonna build percision hole puncher with Punisher skull on it that'll go along with my Carbine....
    I got lower with skull from Anvil arms, DPMS lower parts kit and their rifle buttstock kits, in Feb 08.

But project got side tracked. I sold my Carbine in faver of Romanian PSL(because AR was plenty and cheap enough then), and kept buying everything, except upper.
    Since then, then unknown dude name Obama became president, and AR dried up, and price of upper skyrocketed. My completed lower just sat on corner of my room all this time, getting peed on by my dog(did not know that...pug is in BIG trouble, and I had to take the darn thing apart and wash it before put the upper on!!)
    I really wanted A-3 upper so that I can mount optics, but choice arent exactly "plenty" these days without months and months of wait.
    So I got simple 20" A1 upper. And I plan to replace the A1 upper reciever with A3 flat top in future.
    Nothing spectaculer, but who cares? at least I got EBR again!

Last edited by Mity2; May 16th, 2009 at 02:47 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: its been a long time, but i finally finished my Punisher AR build!!

Awesome.

Make sure you tell your friends about the dog pee...

AFTER you let them shoot it!

(Make sure they get a good cheek weld on that stock too)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Still a helluva nice rifle...
    Congrats Mity!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Awesome.

Make sure you tell your friends about the dog pee...

AFTER you let them shoot it!

(Make sure they get a good cheek weld on that stock too)
    LMAO!
    This reminds me of one of my favorite scenes..

ZRT -SECTOR-7
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them" - Unknown
    "Incoming fire has the right of way" - Murphy's Military Laws
    "Fast is fine, accuracy is final" - Larry Vickers

(Allegheny County)

Aim surplus *had* may still have DSA stripped flat top uppers in stock. M4 feed ramps, yadda yadda. $79!

If I were you I'd just snag one, disassemble, and reassemble. Solve your problems for about $80 if you wanted a flat top. I have one sitting here and it's pretty flippin' nice! I have nothing to build it with at the moment but I plan on doing another upper for the AR at some undefined point down the road. So I bought it.

(Centre County)

randomtxt

(Westmoreland County)

Nothing wrong with A1 uppers! Nice retro look. You should try to find some triangular fore arm furniture for it! That would be sweet!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    Nothing wrong with A1 uppers! Nice retro look. You should try to find some triangular fore arm furniture for it! That would be sweet!
    ^^^^^ I totally agree ^^^^^

Go old school!

ZRT -SECTOR-7
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them" - Unknown
    "Incoming fire has the right of way" - Murphy's Military Laws
    "Fast is fine, accuracy is final" - Larry Vickers

(Centre County)

Who makes trianguler forearm?
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    Who makes trianguler forearm?
    Colt...and not anymore. You have to go find a surplus set somewhere. I have a spare set I picked up from Cheaper Than Dirt a while back but I need them. Plus the set on my M16A1 upper.

Check out the Retro forum on AR-15.com. They used to have a list of vendors for old parts like that. Sarco inc. might still have some. I've also seen them listed on Gunbroker.

Nice rifle. And yeah, pugs will pee on your stuff. Ask me how I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    and it didnt finish exactly way I originaly planned it, but who cares?!
    I've been AR-Less for WAY too long...

Over a year ago, I got this bright idea that I'm gonna build percision hole puncher with Punisher skull on it that'll go along with my Carbine....
    I got lower with skull from Anvil arms, DPMS lower parts kit and their rifle buttstock kits, in Feb 08.

But project got side tracked. I sold my Carbine in faver of Romanian PSL(because AR was plenty and cheap enough then), and kept buying everything, except upper.
    Since then, then unknown dude name Obama became president, and AR dried up, and price of upper skyrocketed. My completed lower just sat on corner of my room all this time, getting peed on by my dog(did not know that...pug is in BIG trouble, and I had to take the darn thing apart and wash it before put the upper on!!)
    I really wanted A-3 upper so that I can mount optics, but choice arent exactly "plenty" these days without months and months of wait.
    So I got simple 20" A1 upper. And I plan to replace the A1 upper reciever with A3 flat top in future.
    Nothing spectaculer, but who cares? at least I got EBR again!

B'H

Hi! I have a question for you. In the first picture I see you have a scope mounted on top of a carry handle. Now, can you co-witness the rear and front iron sight while the scope is on the carry handle it? is there some kind of a hole between the bottom of the scope and the top of the carry handle to let you see the front sight from the rear sight directly?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast