Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default A Good Buddies 1st OC

Some background;

A good friend of mine is a teacher. I was away for the summer and unable to discuss politics with him so, as did many other unions, he was convinced to vote for the 2nd Messiah.

I came home, we went shooting frequently and he bought his first sidearm, a nice RIA 1911. Now, he's realizing how bad his Obama choice was and he's really getting back into firearms and preparations.

So we went out hiking the other day, near the Washington Township's PATHETIC little pistol/carbine range. He was OC'ing his 1911, first time ever, and I was OC'ing my SIG P229 for about the ten millionth time.

After our hike we walked up to watch the officers shoot. I knew a few of them, in a round about way. None of them said a word about our sidearms. They were shooting their (i.e. our, i.e. the goddamned weapons I PAID FOR) Mforgeries with EOTech's on it, at about 20 yards, and doing so rather poorly! The targets looked as if they were shot with buckshot at about 40 yards!!!

Not one LEO said a word about our arms or even seemed to notice. I asked if they were having fun and one guy said "No". I said "Gosh, shooting guns someone else paid for and free ammo sounds like fun to me!" His answer "Not when you're doing it for 8 hours!". Insanity. I PAY people to teach me to shoot and I appreciate every second of it. Some guy who's life depends on it, daily, begrudges the free range time.

But, my buddy OC'ed and he loved it!

(Northampton County)

Default Re: A Good Buddies 1st OC

Quote Originally Posted by thatJeffguy View Post
    After our hike we walked up to watch the officers shoot. I knew a few of them, in a round about way. None of them said a word about our sidearms. They were shooting their (i.e. our, i.e. the goddamned weapons I PAID FOR) Mforgeries with EOTech's on it, at about 20 yards, and doing so rather poorly! The targets looked as if they were shot with buckshot at about 40 yards!!!
    You're probably right, but looking at someones target doesn't always mean you know what they are doing.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    You're probably right, but looking at someones target doesn't always mean you know what they are doing.
    Thats true. Maybe they were having a "largest group" contest, or "whoever hits the target twice in a row buys the first beer" ;-)

(Northampton County)

Thats true. Maybe they were having a "largest group" contest, or "whoever hits the target twice in a row buys the first beer" ;-)
    LOL, classic!

I shoot CM and head, then shoot more quickly than I can with accuracy, then draw and shoot, then spray it with FA from different positions. At this point I need a new target. So I shoot at the inset at the upper left of the target for accuracy, and then shoot at the folds at the left and right edges (I fold my targets before putting in my bag). Other guys play the hole game and pick a corner and try to put the bullets in the same hole.

I don't think a first time shooter would put rounds all over a target from 20 yards with a M4 if shooting for accuracy.

Not one LEO said a word about our arms or even seemed to notice. I asked if they were having fun and one guy said "No". I said "Gosh, shooting guns someone else paid for and free ammo sounds like fun to me!" His answer "Not when you're doing it for 8 hours!". Insanity. I PAY people to teach me to shoot and I appreciate every second of it. Some guy who's life depends on it, daily, begrudges the free range time.

But, my buddy OC'ed and he loved it!
    We pay taxes too...
    Maybe they were sighting em in. And no shooting for 8 hours straight while on the job is not fun to me. I down right hate having to go to the range at work and shoot. However, I do enjoy shooting every weekend on my own personal range.

Yep I do that on occassions when buddies come over to shoot. However, since I have a kegerator, they never seem to buy..
    Courage is not the absence of fear but the mastery of it

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjames_71 View Post
    We pay taxes too...
    Maybe they were sighting em in. And no shooting for 8 hours straight while on the job is not fun to me. I down right hate having to go to the range at work and shoot. However, I do enjoy shooting every weekend on my own personal range.
    I can understand that. No offense meant in any way partner :-)

Yep I do that on occassions when buddies come over to shoot. However, since I have a kegerator, they never seem to buy..
    So..... when can we all come n drink

I can understand that. No offense meant in any way partner :-)

So..... when can we all come n drink
    No problem, just hear that statement once a month and it really irks me.
    Courage is not the absence of fear but the mastery of it

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjames_71 View Post
    No problem, just hear that statement once a month and it really irks me.
    "I pay yer damn sallllree!"

That's why I couldn't be a cop. I'm not one for violence, but the same old shit, plus me carrying a Tazer...... Not so great.

One time in a restaurant I was working at, some customer was being a tremendous jackass. I called him out, told him he needed to "sit down and shut up". He said "I'll have your job!" I said "You wouldn't want it, the pay sucks and I've got to deal with the biggest assholes on the planet". Next time someone says they want your badge.....
    ;-)