Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Free coffee this morning - almost

Friday mornings are early for me, up at 5:00 AM to get to a meeting we have at church. As is my custom, I stopped at the Wawa to get a cup of coffee, since I am never sure if there will be coffee when I arrive. This morning as I approached the counter, the young man at the register said, "Is that all?"

"That's it."

"That'll be $1.54. Uhhh, wait." (glances down at my hip)

"Are you a cop?"

"No, just an ordinary person carrying my gun. We can do that like this you know."

"Oh yeah, I know! Mine is at home, since they have a problem with us carrying on the job here! Well, if you're not a cop then, it's $1.54."

"Actually, I tell people I am undercover, spying on old rednecks."

"Hahahaha, that's a good one!"

This now reminds me of an encounter at a BP station several months ago late at night. I was getting some coffee while waiting for our little Plinkette to finish up her college class, and the guy behind the counter insisted that I not pay for it. There was no comment other than his refusal to take my money, although I must have tried three or four times to pay him. And I sure don't look like any cop I have ever seen. Even the fat deputy sheriffs are usually clean shaven. But he must have figured me for some sort of cop.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Free coffee this morning - almost

if he thought you where a cop its a wonder he did not try and give you a free doughnut to i mean its obvious you like them.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    And I sure don't look like any cop I have ever seen. Even the fat deputy sheriffs are usually clean shaven. But he must have figured me for some sort of cop.
    You must not have met very many cops. I've seen municipal police officers who were not clean shaven (some with mustaches and i've only seen one with a goatee)... This all boils down to department policy, and if your out in the sticks, sometimes that department consists of something like two people, so the department policy is quite lax.

Also, folks on undercover detail sometimes have wild facial hair... Point being, not all cops "look like cops".

Quote Originally Posted by 338winmag View Post
    if he thought you where a cop its a wonder he did not try and give you a free doughnut to i mean its obvious you like them.
    Keep that up and you are going to need more than a new hip. You might just see Dr. Plinker attending your surgery with a transplant for your funny bone.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    You must not have met very many cops. I've seen municipal police officers who were not clean shaven (some with mustaches and i've only seen one with a goatee)... This all boils down to department policy, and if your out in the sticks, sometimes that department consists of something like two people, so the department policy is quite lax.

Also, folks on undercover detail sometimes have wild facial hair... Point being, not all cops "look like cops".

You must not have met Pennsy... he doesn't even look human!

Think: 1/3 man, 1/3 grizzly, 1/3 sasquatch... and a beard!

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post

Yeah, but I've got it all, organic body armor, wild facial hair, that is going gray or just plain ole going, and if I really were an undercover cop, why would I be advertising my copness by carrying openly? That's the thing to me. It just never quite adds up. There is always some sort of discontinuity. But that never stops people.

Quote Originally Posted by 338winmag View Post

ZZZZZZZZINGGG!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Keep that up and you are going to need more than a new hip. You might just see Dr. Plinker attending your surgery with a transplant for your funny bone.
    if i did not give you a hard time you would think i was mad at you or somethin.

(Cumberland County)

besides that was for the comment you put mikey up to posting in my m&p holster thread.with the toys-r-us holster.

(Allegheny County)

Better watch out for those leo groupies

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast