Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Cool Carjack Close Call

This happened to me on this past Sunday about 10:30 am, Mothers Day. I was at a busy and well known intersection in Lancaster City, IN THE AREA OF CLIPPER STADIUM. I was approached by a young male in a doo rag while I was sitting at red light. He asked me if I have a f@!#@ problem and reached for my passenger door handle. I drew on him before he got to the handle, and ordered him to back away. He hesitated and gave me a look of " yeah right ". I then cocked the hammer and told him again to back away. This time he did. yelling to me I better have that gun with me all the time ( I DO ) and to watch my back. I pulled off and called the cops right away and they showed up in about thirty seconds and had the suspect in custody about three blocks away. I made a positive ID even though the suspect had changed some of his clothes. Unfortunately the police could only charge him with harassment since I did not let him open my truck door. The cops told me he has a felony rap sheet and gave them a fake name. He was also high on crack. The police told me I did everything right. They also told me they would like to see more guys like me who have the balls to carry and use it when needed. I do not know if the story was in the police blotter in the Lancaster paper. It may be in this Sundays police blotter. The thing that keeps going through my head is I am glad it was me he chose that day and not some young girl walking to her car with her kids or some elderly folks walking to church or something. Looks like he messed with the wrong guy this time !! ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS .... THE DAY YOU SAY TO YOURSELF " MAYBE I WILL LEAVE MY GUN AT HOME TODAY" IS THE DAY YOU WILL NEED IT !!!

UPDATE :

I was at court today for this. The defendant never showed up NO SURPRISE. They have issued a bench warrant for his arrest.
    Last edited by Armed_in_Lancity; June 15th, 2009 at 11:19 AM. Reason: update

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Carjack Close Call

Good job man! Too bad you didn't get a chance to "keep him from doing it again"

-Samuel

(York County)

good job. only thing i would like to know is why the hammer wasn't already cocked? is your gun DA/SA? Also why did you let him get so close? You did well. there is another thread that came up recently with a somewhat similar situation. May want to look in that thread for tips and suggestions as well.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Armed_in_Lancity View Post
    I was approached by a young black male in a doo rag while I was sitting at red light.
    I'd change this comment before Eugene V Dobs sees it and sic's his PC Police on ya.

.. asked me if I have a f@!#@ problem and reached for my passenger door handle. I drew on him before he got to the handle, and ordered him to back away.
    Haha! hell yea! Positive rep inbound.

He hesitated and gave me a look of " yeah right ". I then cocked the hammer and told him again to back away. This time he did. yelling to me I better have that gun with me all the time ( I DO ) and to watch my back.
    What an absolute freakin' moron this shitbag seems to be!

Unfortunately the police could only charge him with harassment since I did not let him open my truck door.
    Of course... protect and serve at it's finest. If only you'd let him kill you, they could have caught him and gotten their names in the paper!

The cops told me he has a felony rap sheet and gave them a fake name. He was also high on crack.
    I guess they won't bother charging him with either of these offenses.

The police told me I did everything right. They also told me they would like to see more guys like me who have the balls to carry and use it when needed.
    Sounds like a good ending! Glad they were supportive.

The thing that keeps going through my head is I am glad it was me he chose that day and not some young girl walking to her car with her kids or some elderly folks walking to church or something. Looks like homeboy messed with the wrong cracker this time
    Oh Christ, man, Eugene's gonna call the ACLU and ADL on your ass now.

(Lancaster County)

Cool Re: Carjack Close Call

Quote Originally Posted by autotech6506 View Post
    good job. only thing i would like to know is why the hammer wasn't already cocked? is your gun DA/SA?
    double action

The action of me cocking the hammer sent the clear message of what was to come next. Another thought I had on the situation is what where the the people in traffic behind me thinking when they saw my gun come up in the back window of my truck. ;>P

I carry a Ruger P345 .45 ACP and it is a bear to cock that hammer !!

This happened to me on this past Sunday about 10:30 am, Mothers Day. I was at a busy and well known intersection in Lancaster City, IN THE AREA OF CLIPPER STADIUM. I was approached by a young male in a doo rag while I was sitting at red light. He asked me if I have a f@!#@ problem and reached for my passenger door handle. I drew on him before he got to the handle, and ordered him to back away. He hesitated and gave me a look of " yeah right ". I then cocked the hammer and told him again to back away. This time he did. yelling to me I better have that gun with me all the time ( I DO ) and to watch my back. I pulled off and called the cops right away and they showed up in about thirty seconds and had the suspect in custody about three blocks away. I made a positive ID even though the suspect had changed some of his clothes. Unfortunately the police could only charge him with harassment since I did not let him open my truck door. The cops told me he has a felony rap sheet and gave them a fake name. He was also high on crack. The police told me I did everything right. They also told me they would like to see more guys like me who have the balls to carry and use it when needed. I do not know if the story was in the police blotter in the Lancaster paper. It may be in this Sundays police blotter. The thing that keeps going through my head is I am glad it was me he chose that day and not some young girl walking to her car with her kids or some elderly folks walking to church or something. Looks like he messed with the wrong guy this time !! ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS .... THE DAY YOU SAY TO YOURSELF " MAYBE I WILL LEAVE MY GUN AT HOME TODAY" IS THE DAY YOU WILL NEED IT !!!
    great job lancity stay vigilant.

Last edited by Armed_in_Lancity; 12 Minutes Ago at 05:40 PM. Reason: took posters suggestions and edited ethnic details
    A very bad situation handled well by you. Glad the cop did not hassle you at all and I liked his comments. Plus he was fast on the scene to catch the perp.

Were your windows down and doors unlocked?

I don't see a reason to edit out the word "black" in describing this moron... you were just giving the facts, no racial slur or discrimination there.

Hope this felonious f***er spends some time in prison when this is added to his sheet.

(Lancaster County)

Cool Re: Carjack Close Call

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post

Were your windows down and doors unlocked?

windows up doors locked

might have been a national headline if it was vice versa

(Mercer County)

Just make sure you put down your window before firing. You don't want to shatter that glass...those little pieces get everywhere!

(Lancaster County)

Nice job, glad you were on your toes. I'll look for it in the paper also. Some folks think it's funny that I lock my doors when I'm driving through Lancaster. At least that crack head might think twice before he tries that again if he can even remember it.
    I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast