Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Question about non-resident permits

I am new to this forum and I'm currently waiting for my first PA LTCF so forgive my ignorance. I do a lot of traveling in the southwest and have family in and hike throughout New Mexico. Unfortunately, New Mexico does not honor the PA license. My question is, can I apply for a non-resident AZ or Utah license (which New Mexico does honor) and use that to carry concealed in New Mexico? Is it possible to have 2 or more licenses?

Thanks,

scott

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Question about non-resident permits

It is possible to have 2 or more licenses. And yes, you can apply for both AZ and UT licenses and carry in NM lawfully. UT has a strong training requirement for their license - you must go to one of their there certified instructors(located around the country). And I think AZ has a similar strict training requirement. A normal NRA training certificate just wont work for one or both states - I know it wont for UT.

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

I have heard that the Florida permit might also be worth looking into (I do not know what their reciprocity agreements are, you will need to check into that. You'd also need to locate a Florida-certified trainer, I think.)

I see you're in Delaware Co. If you have the availability to be in Pittsburgh later on this month, the Fire Institute (http://www.fireinstitute.org) will be giving the Utah CCW certification class on May 22 -- last I heard, there were still open slots.

Florida has reciprocity with NM. If you have proof of having passed a hunter safety course, that will do for Fl.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Florida has reciprocity with NM. If you have proof of having passed a hunter safety course, that will do for Fl.
    I recently received my application forms from Florida for the non-res Florida permit. Since I live in PA and will not be visiting Florida any time soon I can't take advantage of the digital fingerprinting option available only in Florida. I received a fingerprint card so I can do a hard copy. Can someone tell me where I can go to have this done? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottPA View Post
    I recently received my application forms from Florida for the non-res Florida permit. Since I live in PA and will not be visiting Florida any time soon I can't take advantage of the digital fingerprinting option available only in Florida. I received a fingerprint card so I can do a hard copy. Can someone tell me where I can go to have this done? Thanks.
    The sheriff dept should be able to accommodate you.
    Make sure the prints a good otherwise you may get rejected and have to get re printed.
    FUCK BIDEN