Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Hybrid View

(Monroe County)

Default Norinco Mac 90 Sporter

ok so my coworker has been given the above said rifle by his father, and asked me to look it over, and see what info i can find about it online. its a Norinco MAC 90 Sporter, 7.62x39, with a mounted Eurolux 4x25 scope, and a thumbhole stock. Made in China.

he wants to know how much its relatively worth, and if he can possibly make it into a "tacticool" type rifle. im not very familure with AK's but i can tell you the damn thing is pretty heavy after holding it for a bit, and the eye relief on the scope is way off, the scope it mounted way too far forward to see anything good, but it cant be moved back any farther.

i want to bring it to the range with me today and put a few rounds down with it, but he didnt include a magazine with it. can i hand feed it one round at a time into the chamber and will it fire without a mag? is it a wise thing to do, besides just making me look funny doing that?

pics

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Norinco Mac 90 Sporter

With the rust and stuff ... I would say $400. Before the election, $250 maybe $300.

He can replace the stock and handguards if he wants, but ... if he does, he then has to make sure it's 922r compliant.

There are a few companies that make "tacticool" accessories like railed handguards and what not. I like my AKs in the more traditional style, but hay what ever he likes.

btw ... these were what china imported after the ban and hence the sporter name and the thumbhole stock. That's how they got around the "evil" features, plus it should be missing the bayonet lug too.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Monroe County)

after a trip to Sunset with DCDalton and his wife, i must say if i were to buy an AK, it wouldnt be this one. atleast not this one because of the stock. the thumbhole was not comfortable at all and was just a PITA to shoot with, the scope was off like i thought, but the iron sights were pretty dead on.

ill past the info onto the coworker about keeping it compliant if he wants to go the tacticool route with it, and also my thoughts on the gun after having shot it.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Allegheny County)

yea, you can make them "tacticool" I've been reworking one of my AK's for home defense/Bug Out gun. still need to get a nice red dot or reflex sight for it, and a flash light. Tapco makes a ton of stuff for it. You can really lighten up the gun with the polymer.

Just tell him to remember, it's not an AR or anything like that. Your not gonna be nailing super tight groups at 100yrds, Some pieces will need a little be of modification to fit perfectly. I just experienced this last night on a simple rail mount setup.

(Wayne County)

Maybe try to convince your friend to sell it. I had one of these exact same guns from same importer. It was a total rust bucket and really not that accurate. Really the worst of all the AKs i've owned. As much as I took care of it . it still began to rust. my .02$

(Monroe County)

I would not sell that Gun, in Fact i own one, i see that your gun were imported in 94', buy a parts kit from Federal arms or Tapco to make it legal, get rid of that Thumbhole stock keep the rest, The Mak 90 is not much different from a Polytech, they are all made by Norinco, it has all machined internal parts, a chrome lined hammer forged barrell , the best trigger pull you will find on any AK, a blued finish.

The rust is caused by handling with sweaty hands and not wiping down afterwards.

If you sell it to a AK collector you will get between 7-800 dollars as long as Obama is in office.

Dont rip off yourself by selling it for no $3-400.

Also the MAK has a 1.3 mm skin as opposed to those cheap Romanians thT HAS has 1.0 etc.

Nyman