Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default My food 'Money Saver' thread ... I report the sales [UPDATED 5/10 - This Weeks Sales]

OK, let me first say I am a CHEAP SOB. I do 99% of the grocery shopping for our house and I watch sales like a HAWK. We have a commercial freezer, a meat slicer and a Foodsaver pro ... we fully believe that 'sale shopping', bagging and freezing ourselves and stocking up is WELL worth the time.

So since I am such a food 'sale hound' and I watch the sale papers like CRAZY I might help some others out by posting the best sales I find. Now granted I am on the east side of the state but maybe some of the stuff I post will be 'cross state' .. here's this weeks 'finds':
    Sorry I missed last week folks, late evening in the PRNJ and to be honest the sales sucked any way, but I am back with a new batch of goodies to grab, even got a copy the Scranton Times today so I have some stores I don't normally do

Shoprite:

Boneless center cut pork chops: $1.99 a pound

Perdue Oven Stuffer Roasters: $79 a pound

Extra large Shrimp (isn't that an oxymoron?) 2 pound bag $9.99 limit 4

Shoprite large eggs: 97 cents a dozen limit 4

Stouffer's French bread pizza: $1.99 limit 4

Post cereals (honey comb, alpha bits, cocoa or fruity pebbles) $2.49 limit 4

Shoprite large white bread $1.49 limit 4

Shoprite Orange Juice (1 gallon) $1.99

Bottom round roast $1.99 a pound

Shoprite ground turkey: $1.99 a pound

And for you bachelors Swanson hungry man dinners: 3 for $9

McCain premium potatoes (we love these) 2 for $5

Shoprite butter $1.99 pound package

Heluva Good cheeses (8 oz.) $1.99

Black Bear American cheese: $2.99 pound

California Oranges (4 pound bag) $1.99

Broccoli crowns 99 cents a pound

Sure Save:

Shadey Brook frozen turkey breast: 99 cents a pound

Post cereals (grape nuts, bran flakes, shredded wheat) 2 for $5

Kens salad dressings (all varieties) buy one get one free

Maiers Italian bread, buy one get one free

San Giorgio Pasta: 5 for $5

Bone in southern style pork spare ribs: $1.99 pound

Chicken of the sea tuna, 5oz can 88 cents

Sure fine saltines 2 for $3

Red Rose tea: 2 for $5

Price Chopper:

Whole Atlantic salmon: $1.99 a pound (an amazing price BTW)

Maxwell house master blend coffee: $1.74

Pollock Filets: $2.99 pound

Split Chicken breasts: $1.69 a pound

Pork loin combo pack: $1.79 pound

5 pounds Idaho potatoes: 2 for $4

Price Chopper canned veggies (corn, beans) 49 cents a can

Hot Pockets: $1.99

Giant Food:

Boneless skinless chicken breasts: $1.99 pound

Italian sausage: $1.99 pound

Southern style pork sliced for BBQ: $1.49 pound

Ground beef: $1.69 pound

Shadey Brook lean ground turkey: $1.69 pound

that's it for the good stuff

Oh and BTW, for those of you near Saylorsburg flea mkt. There is a new veggie dealer there in the back section right next to the parking. We got a 50 pound bag of potatoes and a 50 pound bag of onions today for $10 each. They also had other stuff but we only grabbed those .. some nice prices
    Last edited by dc dalton; May 10th, 2009 at 08:57 PM.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: My food 'Money Saver' thread ... you want to save, I report the sales

good deal keep posting these up, the wife does the shopping but she normally always hits Giant but they haven't run their chicken sale for a while
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Blair County)

Default Re: My food 'Money Saver' thread ... you want to save, I report the sales

I have the Food Saver Pro II and am on the second set of seals for it. It annually vacuums 1 elk, 3 antelope and 2 to 4 whitetails depending on how many states I hunt.

Bulk cheese From sams club is a great deal and gets sealed. I did 10 trout last night and hopefully many more to follow. Ive used it as a woodworking vacuum clamp as well one time.

Brad
    And if you want to race, name the place and I'll show you where it's at mother f@#$&#!

How about that foodsaver? Is it worth it? I always thought it seemed like a bit of a scam to suck you into buying expensive refill bags.

Quote Originally Posted by granuale View Post
    How about that foodsaver? Is it worth it? I always thought it seemed like a bit of a scam to suck you into buying expensive refill bags.
    Absolutely worth every penny and then some. If you are going to get one get the foodsaver pro though.

BTW, you don't have to buy their bags. I have several sellers on eBay I buy them from at 1/2 the cost of their bags

(Lawrence County)

Way to look out for the little guy DC! And by "little guy" I mean MY BROKE ASS! lol!

Was gonna rep ya, but i gotta spread the love first.
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Chester County)

Rep for looking out for the community.

Also, if anyone in the Chester County area is looking to stock up on a budget, Sam's Club is a great resource. If any non-Sam's Club members ever need to make a weekend run to stock up, I'm more than willing to volunteer myself and my membership. My Sam's Club membership is the best investment I've made all year, and I'm quite eager to share.
    KnightZero - Zombie Killing Mercenary Watchman for hire. Will work for food.

http://kn1ght-z3r0.livejournal.com/tag/firearms - My firearms, and my ramblings on the Open Carry Movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmarshall91 View Post
    Way to look out for the little guy DC! And by "little guy" I mean MY BROKE ASS! lol!
    Well a lot of us are in the same boat so I thought it might help out.

Funny too, because we did a major stocking up last summer and fall (when we had a decent money flow coming in) we were able to get through several 'tough months' food wise, all we needed where those day to day things like milk eggs etc. Guess it's kind of like squirrels stocking up for winter.

BTW, for those of you on the east side of the state that don't mind a drive to Jersey (Clifton to be exact) here is another of our 'secret weapons':

Corrados Wholesale Market.

I swear to god you will NEVER see prices like this place has. They are a commercial supplier to a huge chunk of the north Jersey restaurants. They also have a retail store right in front of this one but this place is better. Literally you can pick up a case of their family made pasta (imported from their family in Italy) for $10 - $15 and when I say a case I mean enough to last you a year! It's probably the best pasta we have ever had.

They also have large pack tomato products (sauce, crushed etc) for the cost of 2 small cans here. Think anything a restaurant would need and they have it in bulk and the public can buy too. The difference between these people and Sams Club is the food is top notch brands or their own brand (which is usually better than name brands.)

If you go to Corrados try and do it on a Sunday, the rest of the week you will stand in line with the restaurant owners and make sure to have plenty of room to haul it back. Last time we went we spent $200 and we had the trunk and backseat of the car so full the damn car was almost dragging on the back tires.

(Luzerne County)

Great Thread.

We were at Wegmans on Saturday and got Chicken leg quarters in 10lbs bags for .49 a lb (4.90 a bag)

We also picked up the chicken and pork at Mr. Z's (Weis)....the way all three of my boys eat...I need bargains. Now if someone had an apple tree to help me out. lol 3 lb bags don't last long here.

PROUD WIFE OF PA. PATRIOT
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. "-Thomas Jefferson

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSHOVEL View Post
    I have the Food Saver Pro II and am on the second set of seals for it. It annually vacuums 1 elk, 3 antelope and 2 to 4 whitetails depending on how many states I hunt.

Bulk cheese From sams club is a great deal and gets sealed. I did 10 trout last night and hopefully many more to follow. Ive used it as a woodworking vacuum clamp as well one time.

Brad
    I gotta get one of those food savers. Good for you on the trout, we have to get out and start fishing...just got the license.

PROUD WIFE OF PA. PATRIOT
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. "-Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast