Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Huntingdon County)

Red face Glock 19 trigger replacement

Hi all
    I have recently purchased a Glock 19 OD and would be interested in changing/lightening the trigger pull. I was wondering about the assemblies availabe such as this one from Topglock (Scherer, 3 1/2 Pound Trigger, Pull Connector)
    http://www.topglock.com/item/58864_S...ECTOR_GLO.aspx

1. Is this a good idea ???
    2. Is the product good??
    3. Is the install easy without a gunsmith??
    4. Any other trigger changes reccommended by Glock 19 owners??

If anyone has any other reccommendations please let me know.
    I am interested in doing some IDPA shooting just to improve my skill and familiarity with my firearm. Is this an acceptable alteration for IDPA???
    Thanks a lot ahead of time and BLessings
    Chet

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Glock 19 trigger replacement

I have no experience with the Scherer triggers, so I can't comment.

I run the Ghost inc. Rocket setup in my Glocks. If you're patient and remotely mechanically inclined the install is pretty easy.

The patience comes in slowly filing the trigger control tab, assembling the pistol, testing the install, disassembling the pistol, filing, repeat until it's right.

You'll want to purchase the orange rear plate cover or modify a stock rear plate. You'll also need a 3/32 punch or Glock armorers tool. Ghost sells a kit that comes with the tool and the orange cover plate.

The trigger weight gets to 3.5lbs, shortens the reset, and stops over travel. I'm a 1911 guy, but I like Glocks too. This setup got me as close to a SA trigger as possible.

Post install, head to the range and get 500 rounds through it to verify it's 100% functional. If this is your carry gun, run the ammo you carry for a good chunk of the rounds.

Good luck!

Skullz
    Complete equality isn't compatible with democracy, but it is agreeable to totalitarianism. After all the only way to ensure the equality of the slothful, the inept and the immoral is to suppress everyone else. - Iain Benson

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Skullz View Post
    I run the Ghost inc. Rocket setup in my Glocks. If you're patient and remotely mechanically inclined the install is pretty easy.
    I was thinking about buying that very same thing. Also does that work well with a trigger stop, or negate the need?

(Huntingdon County)

Skullz
    Thanks for the info. I looked at the Ghost and like what I see. I have to decide exactly what I am going to do. I use my Glock for CCW and want to be sure that the 3.5 pound pull is for me. I tried a SW with trigger work done down to 2.5 and it was a bit lite I thought. A little dicey one might say hahaha.. It's my understanding that the Rocket negates the need for a trigger stop as it takes care of everything with the TCT. IS that right?? The orange plate is adapted to let one release the tension and get the slide off if the TCT isn't fitted correctly. Right. I think I will be going the whole route including the armourers tool etc.
    Thanks again for the excellent info. Now to practice breaking down my Glock so I know it inside out. Yeehaw

(Northampton County)

Yes, the fitting of the TCT is the trigger stop. If you file too much, you'll just have a little over travel. Now, there is still some flex in the trigger shoe itself, but that's because it's plastic. I've been debating replacing the shoe with an aluminum trigger.

Also, depending on the model glock you're modifying, you may want to get the wolf trigger spring and firing pin springs. I replaced them on my G21 because I had heard stories about light primer strikes on the 45. It's a cheap and easy install.

Stripping a glock is almost as easy as a 1911. Actually, it's easier and there are less parts to contend with. 3 pins and it's done. The only thing I would caution you on is the slide stop spring. It has a long tab the is supposed to sit under the pin that holds the fire control group in. Just pay attention to how it sits when you take the gun down and you'll see. On reassembly, the pin will force the spring over as you push the pin through. If the spring gets stuck behind the pin instead of underneath it, the slide stop will be pushed up and will lock the slide every time it cycles.

Oh - and when you take the slide down, cover the firing pin as you remove the rear cover plate or you'll have to chase the firing pin.

Good luck...
    Complete equality isn't compatible with democracy, but it is agreeable to totalitarianism. After all the only way to ensure the equality of the slothful, the inept and the immoral is to suppress everyone else. - Iain Benson

(Pike County)

I have done quite a few trigger reductions on glock But I dont like to reduce past 3 1\5 lbs if you need some to do this I am available
    and would be happy to take care of it send me pm

I installed a 3.5lb connector in my Glock 17. I just used a stock Glock part. It is super easy, I watched a youtube video and installed a new connector, extended slide release and extended mag release in about a half hr. I shoot mine in IDPA and I think the 3.5lb is plenty heavy enough to be safe. You don't need a gunsmith, just be careful.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Monroe County)

Since you use your G19 for carry, I would not change the trigger or any internal parts for that matter. Keeping the pistol stock will insure its operation when you need it most. Glock designed it the way it is for a reason. Changing the design, if you where using it for competition is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by StovePipe View Post
    Since you use your G19 for carry, I would not change the trigger or any internal parts for that matter. Keeping the pistol stock will insure its operation when you need it most. Glock designed it the way it is for a reason. Changing the design, if you where using it for competition is another story.
    I used stock Glock parts on mine. You can order your gun directly from Glock with the exact components installed. I don't know about aftermarket stuff though.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.