Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Unhappy Selling my guns.

A little back story first. I have been out of a job for a little over a year and a half now and my supply of money has finally started to run out. After I lost my job I had to move back home with my parents, which sucked but I knew they would help me out and keep me from starving lol. I've done the odd job here and there for a friend of mine but its not all that often he needs my help. Now my dad lost his job a week ago and my parents can no longer afford to support me the way that they were and now unfortunately the time has finally come when I will have to start selling my guns.

I am going to start with my Remington 700SPS and my Beretta AL390. Hopefully I won't have to sell any more then that but I gotta do what I gotta do.

Later tonight I will have adds in the for classified section for both guns with more specifics and pictures.

Thanks for taking the time,

Mike

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Selling my guns.

Just curious.

Why haven't you been able to find a job in a year and a half? I've been working steadily since I was 14 years old and the only time I've been out of a job is when I was too lazy to go get one.

What I'm saying is despite everyone bitching about the economy there is always work to be done. You just have to be willing to do it. You might not be able to find your dream job, or even a job that meets your qualifications, but there is always work for people who are willing to do it.

Seriously, I could quit my job today and be working again within a week guarenteed. It might be flipping burgers or cutting grass but it's still money coming in. Always keep your eyes open for something better but unless you're missing 2 legs and an arm I see no reason why you should be out of work for a year and a half.

What's the deal?

(Allegheny County)

I don't have money for your guns, but maybe some free advice would help. Try "48 days to the work you love" by Dan Miller. It's a cool book that helps to look at skills and job hunting differently. Maybe it can help to save your collection.

(Chester County)

Hopefully things will turn around soon, but damn, my money would run out a week after I lost my job. You made it a year and a half? Ever think of being a financial advisor?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    Hopefully things will turn around soon, but damn, my money would run out a week after I lost my job. You made it a year and a half? Ever think of being a financial advisor?
    He should be thanking his parents every day. Its pretty simple. You gotta work work to eat.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Allegheny County)

I was out of work for almost 5 months at one point and had to sell some things to make the bills work. Hopefully things will get better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SFUWombat47 View Post
    A little back story first. I have been out of a job for a little over a year and a half now and my supply of money has finally started to run out. After I lost my job I had to move back home with my parents, which sucked but I knew they would help me out and keep me from starving lol. I've done the odd job here and there for a friend of mine but its not all that often he needs my help. Now my dad lost his job a week ago and my parents can no longer afford to support me the way that they were and now unfortunately the time has finally come when I will have to start selling my guns.

I am going to start with my Remington 700SPS and my Beretta AL390. Hopefully I won't have to sell any more then that but I gotta do what I gotta do.

Later tonight I will have adds in the for classified section for both guns with more specifics and pictures.

Thanks for taking the time,

Mike

Not bring rude here but there is always a job out there, just might not be the one you are looking for.
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    Just curious.

Why haven't you been able to find a job in a year and a half? I've been working steadily since I was 14 years old and the only time I've been out of a job is when I was too lazy to go get one.

What I'm saying is despite everyone bitching about the economy there is always work to be done. You just have to be willing to do it. You might not be able to find your dream job, or even a job that meets your qualifications, but there is always work for people who are willing to do it.

Seriously, I could quit my job today and be working again within a week guarenteed. It might be flipping burgers or cutting grass but it's still money coming in. Always keep your eyes open for something better but unless you're missing 2 legs and an arm I see no reason why you should be out of work for a year and a half.

What's the deal?
    You know it is great that you have had the good fortune to be able to work since you were 14 but as for me I apply for jobs and never hear back, I've interviewed for jobs and never heard back afterward. I have even went so far as to get some training to become a bartender but so far I have been a day late after seeing the adds. I've gone to businesses in my local area and just handed them my resume but in the grand scheme of things not many companies are hiring. I went to college for 5 years and graduated with a B.S. degree (not trying to take a jab at you or anyone else who didn't go to college, if you didn't go that is) and so far all the degree has done for me is waste $120,000. The unfortunate part is I cannot do most manual labor type jobs, not because I'm "above those types of jobs," but because I screwed myself up pretty good playing football in college. I wish I could do manual labor jobs because I would have a job right now and I would not be in the situation I am in but this is the way it is for me right now.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by SFUWombat47 View Post
    . I've gone to businesses in my local area and just handed them my resume but in the grand scheme of things not many companies are hiring. .
    after you drop of your resume call them to make sure the manager got it

then call back a few days later if you havent heard anything.

retail is always hiring.

I get stacks of apps sometimes, but I am so damn busy I dont always get a chance to look through them all. If someone calls and speaks to me that:

1) brings their app to my attention above the others

2) makes me at least stop what I am doing and think about hiring THEM

3) shows me they want a job. initiative means a lot.

If I got 10 apps and 1 call in the middle of my hell week take wild guess whos going to get interviewed and whos not.

(Washington County)

The hungriest dog gets the bone, so to speak.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast