Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default non-resident ltcf

I know there was discussion a few days ago about who the best township to send a non-resident ltcf application was and I can't seem to find it. I searched and had nothing come up...this could be because I suck at searching. Can anyone help me out? my fiancee' lives in VA and we are thinking that getting her a LTCF from PA would be better then trying to muddle through va's process

Thanks

(Luzerne County)

(Beaver County)

Default Re: non-resident ltcf

The general consensus seems to be that Centre County is the easiest. Beaver County is also pretty easy, and they issue on the spot if you apply in person. You're about a 20 -25 minute drive form the Courthouse if she is here or coming to visit any time soon.

thanks guys. this makes it so much easier.

(Delaware County)

Keep in mind though, to get a non-resident LTCF in Pennsylvania you have to hold a similar permit/license from your home state.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    I know there was discussion a few days ago about who the best township to send a non-resident ltcf application was and I can't seem to find it. I searched and had nothing come up...this could be because I suck at searching. Can anyone help me out? my fiancee' lives in VA and we are thinking that getting her a LTCF from PA would be better then trying to muddle through va's process

Thanks
    Yep, you need a permit from another state. So your options are UT, FL, or VA. But of course, I think all have reciprocity w/PA so technically you wouldn't need it if you had one of those.
    Your best option is probably VA, it is probably faster than the others, not to mention a VA resident may not be able to CC in VA on a non-res permit. Not positive but many states do that.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post

Thanks
    Butler gave no problems issuing the non-resident LTCF. They issued one for for two of my relatives one from California and one from NY. I think they were both issued in less than 2 weeks.