Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Question Thoughts on carrying ammo you reloaded...

Was at the gun shop earlier and was talking about carrying with ammo I reloaded myself. One guy advised against carrying anything but new manufactured stuff. Reason being that if you shot someone and went to court the lawyers would come at you with something along the lines of "premeditated murder" or something like that.

First I ever heard of something like that...I guess it makes sense, unfortunately. Any thoughts?

Default Re: Thoughts on carrying ammo you reloaded...

im sure it will be on dr. phil soon.
    FJB

(Lancaster County)

I think that line of 'reasoning' is utter crap.

That being said, there is NOTHING to prevent a lawyer from running you down with similar psuedo-logic as long as YOUR counsel permits it!

I saw a guy convicted of manslaughter because he LOADED a black powder weapon! His 'having pre-loaded it" was purported by the prosecution as being PREMEDITATION on his part for the killing he was involved in, where a guy came into HIS HOUSE who was bigger, badder and pissed off! No castle defense, no nothing.

His attorney must have sat on his hands or made paper dolls during that trial!

I shook my head when the convicted and sentenced him for 2 years (I think) for defending himself in his OWN HOME by a larger assailant who had assaulted him previously!!

So, in short? Can they bring it up? Sure they will! That is why you need a lawyer!
    He was one of God’s own prototypes—a high-powered mutant of some kind who was never even considered for mass production. He was too weird to live and too rare to die....

(Dauphin County)

I call BS on that. I've heard it before, but any good lawyer (on your side) should be able to convince an attorney against an over-zealous anti-gun DA that it's not about how you shot him or what you shot him with. You're either justified to shoot the bastard or you're not.

All that said; as long as you're comfortable that the reloads you're carrying are safe and reliable, I see no reason to advise against it.

I prefer to carry and shoot only newly manufactured ammo in my Taurus due to warranty purposes. However, I'd have no problems with it in my Weirauch, although that's currently carrying Hornady XTP JHP's in it.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    im sure it will be on dr. phil soon.
    What time is he on ? LOL
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spishack357 View Post
    Was at the gun shop earlier and was talking about carrying with ammo I reloaded myself. One guy advised against carrying anything but new manufactured stuff. Reason being that if you shot someone and went to court the lawyers would come at you with something along the lines of "premeditated murder" or something like that.

First I ever heard of something like that...I guess it makes sense, unfortunately. Any thoughts?
    I think the guy who told you that is either misinformed or an idiot. How could that possibly be stretched that far. The only way I could see that as being possible is if you came up with some "special" loads. By this I mean you fill your hollow points with poison or something to guarantee anyone you shot would die regardless of where you hit. If you have done no such thing then there shouldn't be any issues.

Using this guys logic, simply carrying hollow points or owning a gun could be stretched to premeditated murder.

This guy probably thinks guns kill people. If thats the case, Hustler Magazine gave me Carpal Tunnel.

Disclaimer: IANAL
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

I reload for accuracy, my loads are the most accurate in my firearm.
    That cannot be said for factory ammo.
    I saved an innocent life.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey Delta View Post
    I saw a guy convicted of manslaughter because he LOADED a black powder weapon! His 'having pre-loaded it" was purported by the prosecution as being PREMEDITATION on his part for the killing he was involved in, where a guy came into HIS HOUSE who was bigger, badder and pissed off! No castle defense, no nothing.
    Let that be a lesson to all those muzzle loaders. It's better to impale and eviscerate a home invader with a bayonet you attached moments before the incident than to shoot them with a ready gun. Best if it's dull, you don't want to sharpen it since that might indicate a premeditated intent to use it.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    I think the guy who told you that is either misinformed or an idiot. How could that possibly be stretched that far. The only way I could see that as being possible is if you came up with some "special" loads. By this I mean you fill your hollow points with poison or something to guarantee anyone you shot would die regardless of where you hit. If you have done no such thing then there shouldn't be any issues.

Using this guys logic, simply carrying hollow points or owning a gun could be stretched to premeditated murder.

This guy probably thinks guns kill people. If thats the case, Hustler Magazine gave me Carpal Tunnel.

Disclaimer: IANAL
    Phew! I thought I was the only one filling my hollow points with poison dart frog gizz... In all seriousness, I suspected this was BS but he was behind the counter and I did not feel like pursuing his reasoning. Thanks all

(Luzerne County)

More gunshop folkore

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast