Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Berks County)

Default Re: ok berks people lets get talking

Quote Originally Posted by donlavaughn View Post
    I am also new to the area. I moved to reading in August, but my brother has lived here for over 15yrs and neither can find a indoor range except the gun gallery. I have a few pistols that I have yet to try out. billy870m9 I don't live too far from you. I live on Church st. just of Marion. My brother and I would love to get together if we can find a nice place.
    By the way, I have a Bersa thunder 45, Sig p226, Ruger, HK, and a M&P 9mm.
    Only two Indoor ranges in the "area" that I know of. Gun Gallary in perkiomen and French Creek Outfitters down in Pheonixville. Last time I was at Gun Gallary it was down for repairs, probably fixed by now. French Creek is about a 40 minute drive down 422 to 724, and they have a very nice indoor range that costs $12 an hour.

(Berks County)

my advice is skip the indoor ranges that are bout 10 bucks an hour and find a gun club that charges a fee for the year and then u can shoot whenever u want

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by lethal93ta View Post
    where you at near frystown? Im in bethel so its only like 5 miles away from me, I just got voted into the northwestern berks gun club in bethel the other week I didnt have a chance to get down there yet, Im trying to finish up reloading a 1000 rounds of brass before I start to make more to get done again. how long of a range does myerstown have? it dont look more than 100 yds from the road.
    I'm North of Frystown, and was a member of Bethel's gun club but found it to close to houses for my taste. Myerstown has a 100 yard rifle range running into a high bank North/South with 501. 25 Yard and 50 yard range also E/W. Sort of down in the hole. No charge to drive in and look. $20 to join, memberships can be had at Wilhelms Hardware in Myerstown.

Reloaded a lot in my younger days, no more though. Just buy ammo now.
    Back then my favorite load was in a Ruger Blackhawk 44 Mag with Hodgins H110 ball powder and a 240 grain hollow point, loaded to the hilt. They used to snicker at me in deer season when I dropped in with a 7.5" revolver and sat down at 100 yards to sight in.

Until they saw the 4.5" groups off a sandbag. I shot that gun to death.
    Never did get a deer with it. Shot one at 30 yards with a 30.06 and after all those years of hunting said, "is that all there is" and never hunted again. Used to do some siloette shooting out to 200 yards with it when they had the club in Schafferstown. Tried a 14" bull barrel Thompson Center Contender in 44 Mag. My hand loads blew it open, so it got sold quick.

Oh well, those were in my younger days. Mostly just carry for protection of self & family etc. and qualify the accuracy once in a while.

(Berks County)

There is also the Shimersville indoor range (Near Emmaus/Lehigh Valley)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123