Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Help! could use some legal advice re: home lease

Ok, now i'm moving out of my leased home at the end of the month, but that is not the issue.

The issue is that my refrigerator quit working 2 days ago(not sure what the problem is, could be a relay or compressor pump), and the landlord is telling me that it is not her responsibility to repair/replace. I have a attached a scan of the pertinent section of the lease.

Now, the way I understand the lease this would fall under subsection (e) as it is normal wear and tear(not caused by abuse/misuse). I would assume that i would be responsible for the first $50 as stated in subsection (c)

I am not sure how this would fare under subsection (d) though, if i dont get it resolved by the end of the month.

If anyone would like to give their take on this, particularly one of our resident attorneys, I would really appreciate it>

Thanks
    Justin
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Help! could use some legal advice re: home lease

Your interpritation is correct from what I read in the information provided. In the past with my leases and landlords I've had many who have tried to screw me on stupid things but I paid attention to the lease and that is the legal document which is to be followed. I am NOT a lawyer at all but I have been a college student and delt with shitty landlords. Make sure you point this out to them reguarding the lease and that they must follow it too. I have been taken to small claims court by one of my previous landlords and won becasue they tried to only enforce the rules that were benifical to them.

Either way, good luck. I'm sure some folks that are more versed in this will chime in here at some point.

Cheers,
    Josh