Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: long term walther pps reviews

I shot Buster's PPS a few weeks ago and I was impressed. I generally don't like Walther pistols because I hate the magazine release and I just generally don't like how their guns looks (yes, I'm that type of guy that likes a good looking gun).

The recoil for me was so soft and it was super accurate...personally, I think the PPS in 9mm recoils less than a G26...I didn't have any jams or anything in the few rounds I shot, but that $600 or so price tag for a sub-compact pistol hurts my brain.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    I think the OP selected this one, after reading all of our comments.......

Funny you should mention it, I just picked one of them up the other day. I found it on the shelf at my local Wally World with a good price on it. The guy behind the counter didn't charge me extra for PICS because he said it wasn't necessary for this firearm. It was a little weird but that was a deal I couldn't pass up.

I've had a couple FTFs so far. The magazine just doesn't hold the ammunition very well and it is very susceptible to sudden movement which results in the magazine just dumping all the ammo on the floor. A couple drawbacks but overall a good bargain handgun.

~ Derek

I did forget to mention my Walther is chambered in .40 s&w. I've shot a 9mm version and it recoils quite a bit less.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by buster2209 View Post
    I'll post more as I put more rounds through the pistol.
    Just thought I would add an update;

Had the gun for several months now and have put about 500 rounds through it. The ammo was a mixture of 115, 124, and 147 grain with aluminium casings (Blazer), FMJ, and FMJ flat points (American Eagle).

The gun hasn't failed in any way (FTE, FTF, etc) and has proven to be super accurate.

The gun has been a hit with all the people who have shot it (around 10 I believe) and will be my cc when I get my LTCF.

The only draw back is the price tag. I decided it was worth the money ($620) but the OP may not.

(Allegheny County)

Ive had one in 9mm about a month now. 300 or so rounds, FMJ, WWB, 130grain Fioocci (HOT!), generic HP's, and HST's with no failures.

so far so good.

crossbreed mini-tuck and it just disapear's..........

My little log book says over 1,400 rounds so far. Mostly AE round nose, but also 200 or so +P's in a mix of HST and EFMJ's.

I've come to like the Walther style magazine release. I have relatively small hands and in contrast to a Glock I can release the PPS magazine without my support hand.

Still happy with that purchase.

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

(Allegheny County)

Just pick up a new Walther PPS 9mm, it came with a 7 rd mag and I purchased an extra 6 rd mag. (Have another 7 rd on order as well as a FIST IWB holster for it.)

I have shot a range rental PPS 9mm that I really, really liked. Doing various drills, I was able to shoot this gun to my standards. I have also shot two friends PPS 9mm, both handled and shot well. No reliability issues whatsoever, reliability being my #1 requirement.

My new PPS, has a rough trigger, in fact I was kind of disappointed in it, especially after having really good results with the other PPS pistols that I have shot. I shot 100 rds last night through it with no malfunctions, both mags worked properly. Did I say the trigger was rough though?

I plan to put it through an intensive dry fire practice program during the next couple of weeks, this should help smooth out the trigger; then back to the range to see how it shapes up.

The good thing is that I don't really have any plans on carrying this gun till summer, so I have a couple of months to get comfortable with it.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

hello peeps, ive enjoyed this thread due to the fact that im am also interested in the pps .40. after reading this thread im still 50/50 on what to get. i def want a .40. ive been looking at kimber,sig,tauras,walther,s&w.... i like the pps cause easy conceal, light....kimbers are expensive. sig is decent as is S&W. could you help me out on what u would chose? the pps here in new york is running around $650. sigs are around the same...

ps can any1 give me the # to the state police in PA SO I CAN FILE FOR MY PERMIT IN PA...... THANX

(Chester County)

Shoot the .40 before you buy.

I have the 9 as I was told the kick on a .40 was a handful.

Hokkmike Guest

Just a note to add that the prices on these things are waaaay under $600. I got mine for $560 w/tax & papers. I have seen them for less.

(Bradford County)

Default Where'd you get a PPS for $560?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    Just a note to add that the prices on these things are waaaay under $600. I got mine for $560 w/tax & papers. I have seen them for less.
    Where? I am fairly close to Sullivan County, and I am thinking about getting one or two for me and my wife.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast