Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thumbs down Re: long term walther pps reviews

I would be wary of the kahr pm9 if you decide to look at that as an alternative. I bought one recently and have been regretting it. The magazines for the kahr are unreliable at best and dangerous in a gun fight at worst. As you load the bullets into the magazines, they rest on top of each other horizontally till you get to the top round which points up at an angle. The pressure of the spring consistantlly causes the top round to nose dive and fail to feed. This means that you can't load a round into the chamber of the kahr and have a full magazine below. I'm looking into getting the walther pps myself after shooting one at my local range and seeing that it has no such feeding problems/magazine issues while loading and shooting it. With the Kahrs magazine issue, it's a 7 round magazine/7 rounds is all you get. With the PPS magazine, the 7 round mag can still have one in the chamber for 7+1, 8 rounds total. Just thought you might like to know if you're looking at alternatives! Good Luck!!!

(Chester County)

Default Re: long term walther pps reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Je-ff View Post
    ...The magazines for the kahr are unreliable at best and dangerous in a gun fight at worst.
    Have you brought this problem to Kahr's attention or are you just whining about it? I own a PM9 and have owned a PM40. Both worked flawlessly after the break in period (which they clearly warn you about in the owners manual). I know other PM-- owners who have had minor problems which have all been addressed immediately and satisfactorily by the company. You don't tell us a thing about what you have done to try to fix this problem.

As you load the bullets into the magazines, they rest on top of each other horizontally till you get to the top round which points up at an angle.
    How does this differ from almost all single stack magazines?

The pressure of the spring consistantlly causes the top round to nose dive and fail to feed.
    Never seen this happen in over 5000 rounds through mine. Never heard anyone else complaint of this problem. Again, have you contacted the manufacturer?

This means that you can't load a round into the chamber of the kahr and have a full magazine below.
    I carry mine with one in the chamber and a full magazine almost daily. I've fired it from this configuration hundreds of times and it has NEVER failed to chamber the second round and fire again, not even during the break in period.

HAHA, man you really like your Kahr! I talked to multiple gun store employees (who's credentials I know are proven) and they said that the problem I was having was common with other Kahr owners, but not more than a small number. I'm sure that if I contacted Kahr, they'd have helped me out, but I've since sold it and got a Kel-Tec Pf9 which can have 7 in the mag and 1 in the chamber reliably for me, and it is lighter and more fun to shoot. But I'll likely pick up the Kahr PM9 again someday, it's a really nice gun and I'm sure my problems were in the minority. Take it easy on the brand loving man, it's a gun not a religion.

Last edited by mikey; February 11th, 2010 at 07:04 PM.

(Monroe County)

I got mine quite a while ago, I have not shot it in a long time, mainly use it as a bug in the winter when I have my Jacket with me. But every time I have taken it out, it has been fine. I have been very pleased with it although I don't shoot it that much. If I can get out shooting this week I will take it with me and see how it does lol.

(Montgomery County)

Thumbs down Re: long term walther pps reviews

I have one in 40SW. It's a piece of crap. The trigger is sloppy and inconstant, it fails to reset and feels worse then a $10 wallmart stapler.

Walther lost future business from me for the foreseeable future.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    I have also figured out how to disassemble the striker and firing pin, which allowed me to clean and lube the parts that were causing the notchy trigger feel.
    Care to share how?

(Chester County)

HAHA, man you really like your Kahr! I talked to multiple gun store employees (who's credentials I know are proven) and they said that the problem I was having was common with other Kahr owners, but not more than a small number. I'm sure that if I contacted Kahr, they'd have helped me out, but I've since sold it and got a Kel-Tec Pf9 which can have 7 in the mag and 1 in the chamber reliably for me, and it is lighter and more fun to shoot. But I'll likely pick up the Kahr PM9 again someday, it's a really nice gun and I'm sure my problems were in the minority. Take it easy on the brand loving man, it's a gun not a religion.
    Actually, I don't love any gun. let alone any brand. They're tools, like a hammer but a bit more complex. Frankly, when I can carry it, I much prefer a 1911.

I'm just mystified by people who buy a product, have some problem with it and don't even bother to seek help from the manufacturer to resolve the problem before they just go out and start bad mouthing the problem to an audience. My experience is that they usually don't really care about the problem, the simply want to whine. With something like a gun, it becomes all the more pathetic because unreported problems deprive the manufacturer of a chance to look at and correct a defect. When that happens the problem just continues and endangers others who may buy the model.

Did you at least tell the person you sold it to about the problem?
    Last edited by AJG; August 5th, 2009 at 08:15 AM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    ...I thought this was a Walther PPS thread. ;
    You thought correctly. My apologies.

Smile Re: long term walther pps reviews

I've had my 9mm PPS for a couple months now and absolutely love it. It has become my pimary carry. It has been flawless, and shoots extremely accurately...I paid $589.00 at a local store...thats best price for several hundred miles. Sure it would be great if it held 10 or 15 rnds, but then it wouldnt be so flat and easy to conceal....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast