Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Schuylkill County)

Default Conceal Carry Badge - Legal?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=128487082
    Randomly found an auction on gunbroker are selling conceal carry "police" badges to protect yourself from the police when they arrive at a scene and your pointing a gun at someone. Is there anyway flashing one of these badges get you charged with impersonating a police officer? Whats the point in carrying it since when the cops show up, i wouldn't want to be reaching into my pockets for ANYTHING to ensure that they wouldn't be worried by my actions.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Conceal Carry Badge - Legal?

No matter what your choice of conceal is! Having a conceal weapon permit is only half the protection you need. Protecting yourself against attack by the criminal element is served well by being armed. But, think outside the “gun”. There are now over 4 million citizens with conceal permits today and growing by thousands every month. Also 1 or 2 million police officers. Should you be involved in a situation where you have to draw your weapon and are holding an attacker at bay, you may very easily become a victim of “Friendly Fire”. Imagine Police arriving at the scene of your encounter and your attacker shouting, “he has a gun” :Shoot Him”. The officer sees you with a gun in hand and is trained to respond instantly to the threat that presents itself. You instinctively turn to the officer and tell him you are a legally licensed gun owner. It takes only a split second and the officer does what he has been trained to do, he fires. Dead men tell no tales. You're threatened with deadly force, but your gun is out and pointed at the felon. You have your Concealed Handgun Permit Badge with you. The police pull up to the scene and the dirtbag shouts, "He's going to kill me. SHOOT HIM!" WHAT DO YOU DO? You display your BADGE to the police and shout, "DON'T SHOOT. I'M A LEGALLY LICENSED HAND GUN OWNER." The police officer orders you to put down your weapon. You comply. Situation under control. One criminal under arrest and YOU'RE ALIVE! Item Features: Height : 3", Width : 2" Attachment : Clip Back, Genuine leather case., Specify, Silver, Gold or Gunmetal when ordering. All items sold on this site are not convey any authority whatsoever. Individuals purchasing these I.D badges should have proper conceal weapons permit. None of these items are endorsed by nor associated in any manner with any Federal, Local, State, or International Agency, the U.S. Government or any government agency of another country. The dictionary defines “Badge” as a means of visual identification and is 100% legal to carry when you are armed. Carrying when you are unarmed may lead to being charged with “attempting to gain favor” for whatever that means, in some jurisdictions. I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -Winston Churchill Join the NRA free for the first 12 months.
    Ummm just because someone has a CCW doesn't mean they're NOT the bad guy.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/news-123/5789...ng-rushed.html

(Mercer County)

Legal, yes. Stupid, yes.

Do a search.

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...rry-badge.html
    Last edited by Paradigm; May 6th, 2009 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    Legal, yes. Stupid, yes.

Do a search.
    What he said and Oh a big waste of money, Money that could go for more Ammo or something along that lines..

(Jefferson County)

Think of having a concealed carry badge like this..

Imagine seeing an accident, then come running up to the scene with your drivers license out... How stupid looking would that be??

Save your money, no-one needs a badge, the chances of one getting you into legal trouble is greater than it getting you out of it.

(Schuylkill County)

I wasn't planning on buying it and wasn't looking for it when i found it. I just thought you guys would have a laugh at it.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by J.W. View Post
    I wasn't planning on buying it and wasn't looking for it when i found it. I just thought you guys would have a laugh at it.
    Definitely a good save... *thumbs up*

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    Legal, yes. Stupid, yes.

Do a search.

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...rry-badge.html
    Beat me to it....
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lancaster County)

How about just stating who you are or holstering your gun when the threat is over? I don't see any scenario where a badge while in street clothes is going to stop you from being shot. If someone is that amped up the visual of a badge is negligible.
    It's just fucking dumb. If it wasn't ltcf's would be badges

(Lancaster County)

I don't know if they're legal or not.

As far as "What if"? That game is endless. If you don't see the cop how is he seeing the badge? What if he's behind you? What if he's to the side? What if he thinks the badge is a ruse and you are a threat?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast