Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: Conceal Carry Badge - Legal?

>For the guys here that got the Fla. permit, did you get a badge offer?
    I didn't. The only possible value I can see in having a badge would be if you get "microwave radar scanned" out on the street. The scanner-guy might also see a badge "of some sort" and give you the benefit of the doubt that you're a cop "of some sort". They aren't looking to stop everyone with a gun, just those "without badges".
    See: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8089959.stm "British scientists have developed a portable microwave scanner to help police identify individuals carrying concealed guns and knives."

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Maryland Comrade View Post
    >For the guys here that got the Fla. permit, did you get a badge offer?
    I didn't. The only possible value I can see in having a badge would be if you get "microwave radar scanned" out on the street. The scanner-guy might also see a badge "of some sort" and give you the benefit of the doubt that you're a cop "of some sort". They aren't looking to stop everyone with a gun, just those "without badges".
    See: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8089959.stm "British scientists have developed a portable microwave scanner to help police identify individuals carrying concealed guns and knives."
    Well, I'm sure NY/NJ/CA are already looking into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Northampton County)

Back in the day we used "Specter Tape."

(Northampton County)

I got the offer to buy the badge 5 years ago when I first applied..I just got the renewal form last week & mailed it right out....Fl.cashed my check already.

(Pike County)

"if I ever meet a fellow gun owner carrying and or displaying one of those badges, I think I'd open hand slap them in the face."
    It's stupid, thoughtless, ignorant and thuggish comments like this one (and attitudes) that piss off anti-gunners (and gunners too, and rightfully so) and make it harder for those of us who should be able to legally carry and shoot guns to do so.
    If I were the issuing authority reading your post Iwould see you as unstable and I sure as hell would permanently revoke your right to carry.
    I think you might need your little pistol if you tried to hand slapped me-- and yes, I am PA licensed to carry a handgun (badge or no). I'm respectful of others and would only use my weapon in a life or death situation.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    "if I ever meet a fellow gun owner carrying and or displaying one of those badges, I think I'd open hand slap them in the face."
    It's stupid, thoughtless, ignorant and thuggish comments like this one (and attitudes) that piss off anti-gunners (and gunners too, and rightfully so) and make it harder for those of us who should be able to legally carry and shoot guns to do so.
    If I were the issuing authority reading your post Iwould see you as unstable and I sure as hell would permanently revoke your right to carry.
    I think you might need your little pistol if you tried to hand slapped me-- and yes, I am PA licensed to carry a handgun (badge or no). I'm respectful of others and would only use my weapon in a life or death situation.
    Your first post and you revive a 2 year old thread?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    Do you realize that you raised a dead thread from 1-1/2 years ago? It's like arguing with a cow when you respond to such an old thread.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Philadelphia County)

BigJim, is this you?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Do you realize that you raised a dead thread from 1-1/2 years ago? It's like arguing with a cow when you respond to such an old thread.
    Are you saying this is a moo point?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Your first post and you revive a 2 year old thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    and if he started a new thread with the same topic...what then?

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast