Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Conceal Carry Badge - Legal?

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    "if I ever meet a fellow gun owner carrying and or displaying one of those badges, I think I'd open hand slap them in the face."
    It's stupid, thoughtless, ignorant and thuggish comments like this one (and attitudes) that piss off anti-gunners (and gunners too, and rightfully so) and make it harder for those of us who should be able to legally carry and shoot guns to do so.
    If I were the issuing authority reading your post Iwould see you as unstable and I sure as hell would permanently revoke your right to carry.
    I think you might need your little pistol if you tried to hand slapped me-- and yes, I am PA licensed to carry a handgun (badge or no). I'm respectful of others and would only use my weapon in a life or death situation.
    Ignoring the zombie thread, let me address this point.

Rights are not subject to the whims of bureaucrats or elected officials. The "stupid, ignorant, and thuggish" belief that they should be is reflective of the problems we're facing as firearms owners as we try to tear down the laws that make them so. For the longest time the right to bear arms has been restricted as a privilege, despite the fact that it is a fundamental right.

New Jersey is subject to a lawsuit right now over this very thing, the discretionary rejection/revocation of licenses to carry. The final decision in this case may very well put the final nail in the coffin for Pennsylvania's character and reputation language as well.

a host of prior restraint cases establish that “the peaceful
    enjoyment of freedoms which the Constitution guarantees” may not be made
    “contingent upon the uncontrolled will of an official.” Staub v. Baxley, 355 U.S.
    313, 322 (1958) (emphasis added). The procedural requirements attendant prior
    restraints have been applied to a broad range of constitutionally protected acts.
    The Second Amendment was incorporated against the states only months
    ago. The dearth of on-point, post-Heller decisions owes to the emergent nature of
    Second Amendment jurisprudence and the basic fact that – unlike New Jersey – the
    vast majority of states already allow their citizens to carry handguns on reasonable
    and nondiscretionary terms.

http://saf.org/legal.action/nj.lawsu...Opposition.pdf (page 36)
    The entire belief that permits/licenses are even needed, and furthermore the belief that such permits and licenses should be subject to a vague and arbitrary definition of instability is tyrannical in nature and unconstitutionally sound. It's time to restore the second amendment to it's rightful protections as a fundamental right of the citizenry and strike down the archaic and failing laws that work to make it only a privilege of the wealthy and/or well connected.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    and if he started a new thread with the same topic...what then?
    He's welcome to, but the main problem besides raising the dead is that he didn't actually add any value to the current discussion. If he had a new viewpoint that hasn't already been beaten into the ground, then reviving the dead would probably be overlooked, but to reply in such a manner serves no porpoise other than to stir controversy.

Another forum that I'm on, if you revive the dead without adding any value is an insta-ban.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    and if he started a new thread with the same topic...what then?
    It was a dead issue. A first post only to bring to life hostilities that had been long forgotten about.

Had it been something of value to the thread like, legal references, costs, etc, it would have been different. But that post was just to raise an argument again.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Chester County)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    ... but to reply in such a manner serves no porpoise other than to stir controversy.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kayland View Post
    Are you saying this is a moo point?
    You beat me to that one
    Je suis déplorable

Saw this and thought I might have missed another one of these golden threads.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Allegheny County)

Exclamation Re: Conceal Carry Badge - Legal?

Legal? Yes...

LAME? MORESO!

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    He's welcome to, but the main problem besides raising the dead is that he didn't actually add any value to the current discussion. If he had a new viewpoint that hasn't already been beaten into the ground, then reviving the dead would probably be overlooked, but to reply in such a manner serves no porpoise other than to stir controversy.
    I'm not sure I agree with you. Has the "I favor arbitrary and capricious meddling with others' rights by petty bureaucrats" contingent really been heard from much around here?

(Lancaster County)

At the risk of pissing off the reigning "thread police" like someone already did, I'm bumping this thread instead of starting a new one.

Question - - - Did any laws change since the last post in 2011? I'm not looking for an opinion, I'm more interested in fact.

There are posts online by LEO's who were GLAD they had a shield to hold up when they were involved in an off duty shooting or while holding someone at gunpoint, and officers showed up with their adrenaline pumping. I'm NOT talking about running around with a badge out acting like LE as some here have been proposing and laughing about. There are a number of scenarios where displaying a CC shield could save your life. I'm not talking about it being on display at all times either, only when the gun comes out. If you're ever involved in an active situation you may not know an LEO has you in his sights, and I'd sure as hell want something displayed on me to give him pause. I had to call 911 a few times before I retired and the one time I heard the sirens far away, then they went out. I knew what was going to happen. After what seemed like forever, they walked in silently from all directions. In this situation they had our main office on the phone describing me and what was going on, there was going to be no confusion as to who was who. But you may not have that going for you for one reason or the other. When I go in a mall or building I check my phones signal strength and some times it is one bar or none. I may not be able to make that 911 call AND maybe someone did and described me. And if you didn't think about a mall shooting or public situation like this in advance you may want to keep that gun in it's holster for your own safety. I'd rather have a shield to display and buy me some time, than not have one at all and take my chances being misidentified.

This isn't ninja fantasy stuff, pulling a gun is as serious as it gets. As others have found out, at some point you may find yourself in a situation that shouldn't be happening, and you may be armed. That is the least opportune time to prepare yourself, a little like starting to lock the doors to your home AFTER you've been robbed.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast