Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Shops I frequent in York/Lancaster and why.

Ok...just some casual observations about some of the shops that I go to every so often and thought it may help someone with some decisions...

Shupps Gunsmithing - Druck Valley Rd - York
    I put John Shupp first on my list because he is just OUTSTANDING. My all time favorite shop and guy to talk with and buy from. Small shop on the rear of his home. Selection comes and goes but he is more than willing to find whatever you need and be super reasonable with his prices. As a bonus, there are usually some older gentlemen in there who are ALWAYS happy to discuss whatever questions you may have and answer some questions you may not even ask.

Backwoods Outfitters - just outside Columbia Lancaster County - Great small shop who, again, willing to answer questions and get you whatever you may be looking for. No BS, no upsell....just very nice, honest, customer oriented people. Selection is hit or miss for used stuff, but that is simply the name of the game. Highly regarded and recommended.

Trop gun shop - outside E-town Lancaster County - Lots have been said about their customer service, etc. I find that they have a great selection that changes quite a bit and have LOTS of used guns to choose from. From my experiences, their prices are average to high, but if you are looking for it...they probably have it. Big shop with lots there to look at and look for.

Stony Brook Gun Shop - Springettsbury - York County - Nice shop with ALOT of guns both used and new. He has been moving alot of handgun inventory lately and there is always something new in the shop that I want to see. He can also get you whatever you may need. Nice guys. Prices are average to high on most things I have found.

Laymans gun shop - East Prospect York county - Nice shop with a medium sized selection of handguns and alot of rifles/shotguns. Prices are average to high. Very pleasant place to look thru if you are in the area.

These are a few of the ones off the top of my head that I go to. I have had the opportunity to buy from each of these shops at one time or another. Just glad we live in a state where these businesses are able to do well. As for me, I like to support the local small shops as opposed to the 'chain markets' of gun shops. I would rather spend a buck or two more just to give them my business....and that isn't always the case....sometimes they have the lowest price....you just have to ask.

Just my .02

(York County)

Default Re: Shops I frequent in York/Lancaster and why.

I agree with all of your choices, especially Shupp's!

Chris

(Lebanon County)

been a whilke since I've lived in the Lancaster area...

shopped at Backwoods Outfitters alot when I did; see him occasionally at local shows in Harrisburg; excellent service

dealt with StonyBrook a time or 2 at shows; good guys to deal with;

I occasionally go to Trop, but I tread lightly and very selectively when I go

(Lebanon County)

my little honey hole is not on the list, nor shall it be.....
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    little honey hole.....
    Never been there, but when I googled it I got some good photos.