Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: M16 fire control group

Most people don't agree with me. But I consider full auto as a toy for civilians and of almost no tactical or military value. The reason for this belief is that FA fire is a good way to run out of ammo when you need it most.

I'm not saying machine guns have no useful purpose. Belt fed guns are generally equipped with lots of ammo and a second guy to get the next belt ready. They also usually have quick change barrels or water cooling jackets.

A thirty round magazine does not last long in an M16 if you pull and hold the trigger on FA. I mean the real FA, not that three round burst stuff that was put into the fire control to conserve ammo.

So where can I get an M249?

(Allegheny County)

But because they might not have any "tactical" advantage doesn't mean the gov't should impose the stupid restrictive laws. I know that your not saying that but it should be said anyways.

The nice thing about FA rifles, are that they have a "semi" selection option.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(York County)

Look, I've got enough guns and enough common sense to own, use, and enjoy FA, unfortunately It takes alot of $ and time to own one. People like us who can enjoy FA responsibly are getting the screwing, Anyone can have one illegally, but for those of us who want to do it the right and LEGAL way, We got miles of redtape to go through. I think all you should have to do is not be a criminal, and Pass a very strict IQ test ( same goes for people who want children.) that would eliminate half of the bullshit you must go through.

I'm just stating how frustrated I am, with all these little laws here, there, and hidden away in bills to keep guns and ammo out of the hands of citizens, Law abiding citizens. Why should it cost 4 times more to buy a legal weapon then it does to buy/build an illegal one?
    I march before the martyred world, An army for the fight. I speak of great of heroic days of victory and might. I hold a banner drenched in Blood, I urge you to be brave...I lead you to your destiny, I lead you to your Grave. Your bones will build my palaces, Your eyes will stud my crown...FOR I AM MARS THE GOD OF WAR, AND I WILL CUT YOU DOWN.

(Luzerne County)

I'm not too concerned what any one persons personal opinion is on machine guns. It's important, and of concern to *me* because they are clearly constitutionally protected and that has been abridged by our out of control .gov

That's all I care about. And so should you

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    I'm not too concerned what any one persons personal opinion is on machine guns. It's important, and of concern to *me* because they are clearly constitutionally protected and that has been abridged by our out of control .gov

+1 exactly. Hopefully some of the momentum from MT and TX will spread to other states and it will send a clear picture to the FED .gov that they need to back off infringing on the states and their citizen's rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Northampton County)

Fineglock9,

You are absolutely right that the laws and regs are complete BS and I don't want to diminish that. But if you want to buy full auto, from a practical standpoint, it aint miles of red tape. It's pretty easy. Also, it's more likely to cost about 10x semi auto (although it does vary by gun).

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Fineglock9,

You are absolutely right that the laws and regs are complete BS and I don't want to diminish that. But if you want to buy full auto, from a practical standpoint, it aint miles of red tape. It's pretty easy. Also, it's more likely to cost about 10x semi auto (although it does vary by gun).
    I agree with you guys.

ungawa, while I agree that the process isn't too difficult. I think what the problem really is -- the .gov should not be keeping a data base and requiring us to pay a tax to buy / register guns with them.

If you can legally buy a rifle / handgun, you should legally be able to buy a MG without all the added steps and tax.

Because of the 86 ban, MG's have been priced out of reach for 95+% of the gun owning population. Plus, think about this - in 1934 when they started taxing MG with the $200 tax it put MG's way out of reach for most civilians. That is class warfare by our own .gov through taxation. It gave the idea that if you are wealthy, you should be "safer" owning a MG. I thought we were all created equal, regardless of wealth, no?

Had I been old enough prior to 86, all my guns would have had the happy switch. Because back then, you could buy an m16 for about 100-200 more, plus the 200 tax / forms than a semi AR . Hell, prior to 86, you could form 1 your own conversion to FA. In reality, because of fixed supply and taxation, FA is priced out of reach for most shooters.

Again, this is class warfare from our .gov and should not be allowed to happen. Not to mention that because of the 2nd, our .gov isn't allowed to regulate these firearms. An m16 is still considered a small arm and we are guaranteed the right to bare them. The 2nd doesn't say that we have the right to bare arms if we are wealthy, if we can pay the tax, if we fill out the proper forms, if we can pass a background check, if the gun only fires one round per trigger pull, etc -- it simply states we have the right to bare arms. But in reality, FA is priced out of reach for most - and it is no accident that this is the case.

But like I already posted, because of current laws, I will still highly suggest that you not own an m16 fcg without owning a registered m16.
    Last edited by Guns4Fun; May 5th, 2009 at 10:42 AM.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fineglock9 View Post
    damn!!!!!! all my plans are ruined...lol
    LOL sorry to hear that u can probably do all that if there is an invasion... so save it for the end of the world.....

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    You think that is bad? Try having an Ar-15 that malfunctions intermittently only with soft-primer ammunition and being convicted of having illegal possession of a machinegun. That's what happened to Mr. Olofson...
    just wonderin how did mr Olofson get caught ? did someone rat him out?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by TXDMERC73 View Post
    just wonderin how did mr Olofson get caught ? did someone rat him out?
    http://www.firearmscoalition.org/ind...=192&Itemid=37

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast