Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Default York Fairgrounds (SAR) Show PRICES

I just got back from the York Fairgrounds Gun Show (sponsored by SAR) and it was way better than the Harrisburg Farm Show Bldg show two months ago.. Nowhere NEAR as many empty tables - only saw two spots in mid-floor that were not occupoed, like eight tables, total.

There were quite a few bargains there (at York). Ammoman inside the door had 40S&W Federal and Speer for $20.00/box/50, (9mm for less), and I bought some 357Sig for thetJeffguy (cause he had to "work", whatever that means) at $21.00/box/50, Federal & Speer. Other calibers in relatively good supply, far more so than the Hbg. show. Even 380ACP.

Oh, there WERE other prices/other vendors there: like how about $40.00 for a 20-round box of Eldorado HP rounds, in either 45ACP, 40S&W, 9mm, or 380ACP (didn't matter the caliber, he wanted TWO DOLLARS A ROUND). Well, he might get it somehow, but not from me, for sure.

I did see some 5.56 for better prices and supply than they had at Harrisburg two months ago, but since I reload that caliber, I just grabbed 1k Hornady bulk bullets, 55gr FMJBT w/c for (hold on for this one) $102.95 ! Last spring, $74.00, fall $82.00 from the same guy. Sealed bartle-packs of 7.62 NATO were at a number of tables, 50BMG everywhere (didn'tlook at mfg/headstamp) and I did not remember prices of either.

Oh yeah, primers, - - - non-existent. There WERE some 209 shotshell primers of different mfrs., but not a lot of them, though. Powder was more abundant, but has not gone down in price, for sure!

Yes, there were a few beef-jerky vendors, and a bunch of Class III dealers, and a lot of good class III weapons (they had to follow me with a large can of CLP and a big towel, as drooling is frowned upon - I'd settle for an M-2 30 Carbine or an M-3 Grease Gun which will happen as soon as - LOL - I hit the Lottery).

And there were a LOT more handguns, both new and used, than at the Harrisburg show. One of the Harrisburg dealers ventured then that the Valley Forge show the preceeding weekend had cleaned them out. The trade in handguns was "brisk" then, and shows no sign of slowing, now or short-term future, just that the supply seems to have increased a bit.

More visitors bringing in military rifles for sale - lots of them. SMLE's, 03A3's, foreign of all kinds, lots of FSBO's.

Flash

Default Re: York Fairgrounds (SAR) Show PRICES

Nice report on the York show Flash Hope 2 meet up again soon and learn reloading.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: York Fairgrounds (SAR) Show PRICES

Flash - You know what "work" is! :-) If I don't work, what'll happen to the millions in America who depend on my tax dollars to stay alive! :-)

Looking forward to getting that .357SIG ammo and turning money into skill. I wish I'd have gone with you!