I was looking at a kit without a barrel. (AMD 65)

Where can I find AK barrels? And what kinds can I use in the AMD front / barrel trunion? Can I buy a Yugo or Romanian barrel and use that? Or do I NEED to find an AMD barrel? I'm not worried about using a 16" barrel in an AMD or it being true to AMD form etc. I just want to fool around with putting one of these kits together. If it doesn't work out - it doesn't work out.

Where can I find AK (7.62x39mm) barrels? New / used / American / Com Block - IDC. Where can I get them? (As long as they will fit in the front trunion of the AMD, it's good enough for me.) I assume RPK/D variants will not fit in the AMD barrel trunion, correct?

I think BCS is an undrilled Romanian one so if I decide to do a SBR version (like the AMD or perhaps even shorter...) I can set up the gas hole where I need it. (And it would almost for sure be chrome lined.)

I've been searching around and I can't really find any. I realize that it is because of the importation ban on barrels. But I can't even find American ones?

If I can find a suitable barrel then I will buy the kit or (two) and take a stab at it. But if I can't find a barrel it really limits the usefulness of me buying a parts kit.

Anyone have any suggestions please?