Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Thumbs up A&S Indoor Pistol Range (Youngwood, PA)

Hey everyone I'm new to this forum and I figured I would share my experience with A&S Indoor Pistol Range...

I've been shooting rifles since I was about 10 years old and I'm 22 now. I'm going to be buying my first handgun soon but before buying I decided I would rent a few to see what I like.

The guy behind the counter at the range (name was Chris) was very helpful and a cool guy.

The selection of rental guns was good, they had 21 to choose from ranging from .22 up to .44 magnum. (S&W, Ruger, SA, Colt)

One of the things I liked about A&S is that everything was clean and organized, and all the people were friendly. This is a place where you could take a brand new shooter and they wouldn't be intimidated.

I ended up renting a Walther P22 and I put 200 rounds through it, (I was actually getting decent groups towards the end of those 200 rounds )

All and all I would recommend A&S to anyone and I really wish I lived closer to this place so I could justify getting a year membership but I'm about an hr away

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: A&S Indoor Pistol Range (Youngwood, PA)

Hello BlackWolfsburg!

A&S is my home range, and it's a great place to shop too. I shoot there, I'm in the pistol league there, and I attend the Action Shoots there twice per month. If you get a chance, swing by for an Action Shoot. It's a For-Fun format, and it's different every time. Their shop has outstanding merchandise, and the largest selection of good holsters in the entire area.

Hope to see you there sometime.

indoorpistolrange.com

(Westmoreland County)

Cool place, I've bought a fair number of small items there and have shot there a handful of times.

One time on a slow Sunday in the evening I ended up shooting the breeze with the one gentleman that is there behind the counter of the shop pretty often. He's tall and thin and carries a 1911. We ended up talking about CZs (I like them and they tend to have 2 or 3 in stock) He eventually went and got his worked over Tactical Sport out and let me play with it for a while.

There are always nice people working there and I have not once left that shop unhappy. Its the kind of place where people are still happy to BS with you even if you're not buying.

A&S is a terrific shop. First range I ever went to, and preferred range in the area. Haven't bought a gun from them yet (planning on an RIA in the fall) but have been extremely helpful finding a holster and pointers on shooting. The only problem is that is a little on the far side from me so dont make it out much anymore.

(Allegheny County)

It was the first range I've ever been to also. They're a bunch of great, friendly people that work there. I bought a gun there a while back, would love to buy another from them. Haven't been there in a while though...it's a bit of a hike coming from the city.

(Westmoreland County)

A tall, thin man carrying a 1911 would be Todd. He owns A&S along with his wife, Jen. Very nice people.

(Westmoreland County)

Yeah, I've talked with him a few times and he always offers up a handshake. I'm just hell with names.

Used to go here all the time - years ago...it's pretty far from Pittsburgh but truly a great place. The staff and owners are friendly as hell and the place is (or at least was) very affordable.

(Washington County)

Went there for the basic NRA training class. was a great class for $100 included the ammo and guns to shoot. Todd taught the class and was done well. needed a cert for my FLA non-resident conc. carry permit.

anyway, I heard that the range is up for sale. can anyone confirm?
    "My Name is Earl" ;-)

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    Went there for the basic NRA training class. was a great class for $100 included the ammo and guns to shoot. Todd taught the class and was done well. needed a cert for my FLA non-resident conc. carry permit.

anyway, I heard that the range is up for sale. can anyone confirm?
    Sadly yes the business is for sale. I have bought 3 pistols there and have been extremely happy with all 3 purchases.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast