Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Pennstar Bank

(Luzerne County)

Default Pennstar Bank

Anyone know, offhand, if Pennstar bank prohibits carry?
    I've been a customer for a year or so but have not OC yet.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Pennstar Bank

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Anyone know, offhand, if Pennstar bank prohibits carry?
    I've been a customer for a year or so but have not OC yet.
    No clue. It is absolutely legal, though. If they ask you to leave, don't debate, don't fight, simply state that it is legal, hand them a copy of Commonwealth v. Hawkins, and leave. Thank them for their time.

That said, while I'm a big fan of open carry, I start to twitch when people start suggesting OCing in banks. Not because I have a problem with it, or think that anyone should, I simply flinch because I recognize the reality that banks are, traditionally, very jumpy when it comes to anything that could even hint at a potential robbery.

There is a very real possibility that you could walk in open carrying (I assume that you use a retention holster), some ninny overreacts and hits the panic button, you go about your business, and walk outside to a bunch of guns pointing in your face.

I, personally, don't OC in banks -- throwing on a cover garment takes 2 seconds and avoids the hassles that come from simple misunderstandings. Just my personal preference; you can do whatever floats your boat
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Montgomery County)

FYI a VDCL member carried into a virgina bank and when a masked robber popped in and saw his gun he turned around and left.

(Luzerne County)

I know the legalities. I'm just wondering if anyone knows their policy before I go down and find out.