Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Perry County)

Default New member in Cumberland County

Hi everyone. My name is Dave, I am 37 and live in Enola, Cumberland County. My handgun is a Taurus model 65SS4 .357 magnum. My wife has a Jenning model J22 .22 LR semi-automatic. We have the guns mainly for home defense, but I am going to renew my LTCF the next chance I get to the courthouse. I have one, but let it expire because I really wasn't carrying often. But with the steady rise in crime, I am getting it back.

Where do you shoot? My twin brother and I usually shoot at the state game lands pistol range in the Carlisle Springs area (Route 34 off 944). I haven't been out in a very long time and haven't even taken my .357 out yet...and I've had it for a year or more. Between work, weekend home projects and looking for a new house, I haven't had the time. But, I have to make the time and get familiar with it.

In the past, I have had a Taurus 9mm, Taurus .38 and a Ruger .40 caliber.

P.S. I posted pics of my and my wife's guns in the photo section if you care to take a peek.

Dave

Harford County (Orig Harrisburg, PA), Maryland

I'm kinda just across the river from you in a way. Live near linglestown here. Member at Harrisburg Hunters and Anglers. Its a really nice club with alot of different ranges.

(Perry County)

Hey Jason! Yeah, I work right on Linglestown Road, so we're practically kin. LOL! What kinds of guns do you own? My wife and I just each have our one handgun. I've never been a hunter, so I don't have any rifles or shotguns.

Dave

Harford County (Orig Harrisburg, PA), Maryland

where on linglestown road? I shoot both rifles and handguns.

(Perry County)

My office is in the Laurel Point Office Center near Fargreen Road.

I'm thinking about taking the day off tomorrow to get the ball rolling on my LTCF renewal. I work for a law firm and ocassionally travel to the Cumberland County Courthouse, but I'm not sure when I'll be getting down next.

Dave

(Perry County)

I did indeed turn in my application to renew my LTCF on Friday. She said it would be about 3 weeks. Hopefully it'll be sooner than that.

I also picked up 100 rounds of .38 spl ammo yesterday to hopefully cut some holes in targets this coming weekend with my .357. I also want to fire off a few of my carry rounds to get the feel of it.

Dave

(Cumberland County)

Thumbs up

Good for you! I was also at the courthouse on Friday...to pick up my LTCF. It took just a little over three weeks to get my postcard in the mail. From what I can see on here, Cumberland County is one of the slower counties when it comes to LTCF. However, they DID call my references.

(Perry County)

Yeah, I still can't understand what takes THREE weeks in this day and age of instant background checks. Putting more research into reviewing whether someone can carry a gun than into someone actually BUYING the gun in the first place seems a bit odd to me. LOL!

(Perry County)

Here's an update on my LTCF application. I posted it in another part of this forum and didn't want to double post.

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/general-2...cf-page-6.html

Dave

(Cumberland County)

dmg1969,

Last time I was out that way, the handgun range on Rt944 was closed. Not sure if it was or is going to be reopened.
    Do not worry about the bullet with your name on it. Instead, worry about the buckshot addressed, "To whom it may concern"